gabapentin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Such good support over the last year since having massive PE five years ago recently changed from warfarin to apixaban now doc has put me on gabapentin for cluster headaches since reading posts on this site scared me to death I don’t want to take this med had one week of 100mg x 3 a day and told from this week to up to 200 mg x 3 a day then next week 300 mg x 3 a day I’d headaches persist on my 2nd week am I ok just to stop gabepentin do not want to take any more meds on top of blood thinners and statins please help 😱

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Tracey, 

I'm am no doctor!! All I can tell you is I want put on gabapentin for headaches which at the time they did not know why I was having them!! Just threw me on this!!! I got up to 900mg a day and all hell broke out!! The side effects I had was blurry vision, crying a lot, weak legs, pressure in my chest, thigh muscles hurting, memory loss, loss for words!!!Drs don't believe you when you tell them!! This was my experience while on them! Withdrawals are just as bad!! This is just my experience! Meds work different on people! It can work for some and not for others!!! I myself will never take it again!!  I was told to drop 1 (300mg) capsules every 5-7 days!! Remember everyone is different!! Should really talk to your Dr. about this!!! 

• Posted

Hello Tracey. I had Gabapentin for my headaches, they started me on 300mg. I felt 2o years younger the first week it was wonderful, no headaches, the next week a few problems and by the third week it was affecting my feet, it was hard to walk toi the village, hence I came off them. I hav e now had injections in the top of my spine and my neck which has helped. I have had problems with my head for seventeen years, 12 years of steroids, I paid to see a consultant who said it was the nerves from the top of my spine, it was worth the money.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.