Gabapentin

Posted , 5 users are following.

I took my last 100 mg pill 2 days ago. Yesterday experienced burning in my stomach. Woke up this morning after a restless night tired and horrible headache. Feel like I have flu, achy also.

Did anyone else feel like this after taking there last pill. Guess I'm still in withdrawal.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marie glad to hear that you are off of Gabapentin but sorry about the withdrawal symptoms. Yes I think you might still feel symptoms everyone is different. I took my last 100mg on June 28th and had flu symptoms burning in my legs and my eyes are horrible.  The eyes have not been the same since I started decreasing this pill. I have not had burning in my stomach but Im learning that everyone is different.  I will not go back on this pill for anything. Also Im taking magnesium 3x a day to rotate screen with withdrawal I heard that Gabpapentin robs our bodies of magnesium.  Good luck take it day by day and don't get discouraged.

• Posted

Kathy, Thanks for getting back to me. I won't go back on them. I'll take magnesium like you suggested. I'm sure it will help with leg pain.

Marie

• Posted

My taper every month varies, Sometimes I have problems in 48 hours, sometimes not for days, and I take a month to taper and through out that month, there'll be good and bad days. Many people do only two weeks and I'm not sure they have the good days I have. I truly don't know which plan is better, but you may have these problems come and go for days or weeks. OR they may just stop. There's no answer and we're all different.

• Posted

Yes i was in the hospital and dr refused this pill so for 4 days i was up all night in the worst pain you can imagine. As soon as they gave me one i was much better. I cannot have that again
  • Posted

been off it 6 wks and experiencing at least 12 detox symptoms. headache nauseous flulike symptoms shortness of breath cant sleep fatigue depression...just to name a few
  • Posted

Well i think im going to stay on it as i cannot have those terrible withdrawal

And it is much better with them.

• Posted

I'm not going back on them even though I had really bad leg pain today. It too will pass. I know it will take time.

I wish you well. Take care.

Marie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.