Gabapentin

Posted , 6 users are following.

I keep trying to find a post that is not negative. So since I cant find one I will post one.  

I started taking gabapentin Monday the 26th of June, four days ago.   the very first pill I took I notice a change in my attitude towards others.  I was always mean and rude to everyone and now I am very cordial.  I pray that it stays this way, because I am extremely pleased with this drug.  I am very sorry for all of you that are having a hard time.  Just try to find a way to cure whatever is ailing you.   

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was more mean while I was on than I am off it. After being on it 14 mnths, am off now 30 days. Am so grateful to be off it. But I have the most horrible pain and tingling from the knees down. Part of the detox process.

Take care of yourself.

• Posted

It’s a very good med.  For mood due to dopamine, and for nerve pain.  Careful not to ever go cold turkey though, it may cause seizures because it’s also prescribed for certain types.  I’ve been taking it for years, st night because sometimes it will make me fatigued during the day-just depends on the person.  Hope this helped!!
  • Posted

Hello Tagjeffry

I have been on these for about 8 years. Yes they do make you more relaxed and sometimes very tired.I take them for nerve pain in my back going into my groins .I take them and also coco Damon together . It does take a good few days for them to get into your system. Good luck John

• Posted

Should of said cocodamol
  • Posted

Hi Tag. I have been on gab for about 6 months for nerve pain and i have no issues.
  • Posted

Hi I have been given Gabapentin for severe hip and spine arthuritis pain yesterday. I can’t find a positive post and am now terrified of taking this medication. I have not started it and am considering not doing so due to all these posts which as you said are all negative. Let me know how you get on as the next few days go by. Especially if it reduces your pain. I am just taking naproxen in the day and 1 tramadol at night and still in pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.