Gabapentin advice

Posted , 19 users are following.

I have been prescribed 300mg gabepentin for 3 days then up dose to 600mg then 3 days later up to 900mg and keep increasing until I feel comfortable.

Wow within 2 hours of taking 1 tab I feel stoned, I mean really stoned. It's like I'm not in the same world as everyone else and it's making me fidgety, I think it has already had an effect on the burning pain although pain is still there but pain or no pain I can't function like this daily, how can I up dose? i know side effects are supposed to reduce but how long do I need to be a space cadet until this happens. This feels like a recreational drug not a prescribed drug.

Has anyone experienced this? And did it go away after time?

2 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I take 600Mg at night and my restless legs seem worse. This seems like a baby dose compared to what some of you take, but is this normal. thinking about going off it.
  • Posted

I'm on both Tramadol and Gabapentin (also Venlaxafine for depression). The side effects can be quite disorientating and nauseus for a good couple of weeks especially as the dose increases. I'm pretty much used to them now although they do still make me feel a little ill at times. I'd much rather have that then the pain I suffer with.

However be WARNED. DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL with these tablets. I thought I would be ok a few months ago (February 2016)  to have a few drinks with my girlfriend. I had 4 probably totalling about 6 units. I collapsed at my front door as I got home and it was raining heavily. Not only did I suffer 2 broken ribs but also hypothermia. If my son hadn't found me when he did....., well I don't like to say.

Please be careful. Always read the labels and especially the warnings that come with them.

Andy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.