Gabapentin - Bloating eventually go away?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was on Gabapentin for two years - which resulted in weight gain, digestive issues, and horrible stomach bloating.  Has anyone had any luck with the bloating going away after being off of the gabapentin?  If so, did you have to do anything special?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have not, I had stomach issues before taking it, and now off as well😂

• Posted

hopefully the bloating will go away. I had weight gain like about 52lb. Since coming off gabapentin,i have lost the weight,and any bloating seems to have disappeared too.

I had lots of other symptoms whilst on this horrible drug,and it's taken a couple of months to start seeing normality starting to return. I stopped nov17 and it's now April18.

It takes time,but worth getting off them

Good luck.

• Posted

I also quit Nov 17, and am doing well again, like you said I am being too see better again   Happy again too
  • Posted

Mine went away, then came back every once and a while. Have not had it for 4 plus weeks.  You heal slowly I found but you do seem to heal
  • Posted

All went away with me.  Just made it run it’s course.  
  • Posted

I take 3 x 300mg per day and they don't seem to do anything at all for my fibromyalgia and arthritis. Advised to double the dose. I don't think so! Weight gain unacceptable - have to eat less than 1000 calories per day and have still put on over a stone, bloating diabolical and the gas problem very antisocial. I have dropped out the midday dose and hopefully, over the next few months can come off of it entirely. The (locum) GP far to quick to put me on it over two years' ago with no follow-up whatsoever. During lockdown I asked advice from 111 and they told me to increase to 3 x 600 mg a day. In short - no thank you.

• Posted

Wanted to ask ive been on gabapentin for three months and feel like something is pushing on my stomach and nauseated and tons of rib pain. they said its not the gaba but i only started having these symptoms since i started taking it. wondering if anyone else has felt the same.

• Posted

Wanted to ask ive been on gabapentin for three months and feel like something is pushing on my stomach and nauseated and tons of rib pain. they said its not the gaba but i only started having these symptoms since i started taking it. wondering if anyone else has felt the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.