Gabapentin causing neuropathy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am dead serious and start to feel taking this medicine was the worst decision of my life. I took Gabapentin for 2.5 weeks only (300X3 per day). I was prescribed this medicine for anxiety. I never had any leg problems in my life so far. I stared to feel strange sensations in my legs and burning feet. So I stopped around 3 weeks ago. When I stopped I had nerve firing going on so intensively during the first few nights but i did not cause me any pain while walking or during the day. Ever since, the nerve pain has gotten worse. Its starts to affect my walking, as my leg feel weak and the nerve pain is all over the place. From shooting pain down the legs to burning knee pain etc. It is also bad a night. The leg sensation has also changed a lot. It is all super sensitive. The next information may be considered TMI but is is something i am rather concerned. Whenever I have an orgasm now, it it shockingly intense in the leg, like all nerves are on fire there. This is not a pleasant feeling at all. feels like nerve damage.

I feel like gabapentin has destroyed my legs. Is that likely still withdrawal after 3 weeks or permanent damage? Strangely it has gotten worse the longer I am off this medicine. Somebody has similar experiences? Would appreciate this. Thursday I will go check my nerve speed on my legs at the neurologist.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.