Gabapentin horrors

Posted , 11 users are following.

I was given gabapentin supposedly for nerve pain!! Really didn't know if I had nerve pain! This drug has been a nightmare for me. I got more depressed, crying all the time, hot flashes, chills, blurry vision, thigh muscle pain, weak legs, pronouncing words wrong, brain fog, etc etc!! Now I am trying to get off it and this has been a nightmare!! I m so angry the doctor put me on it!! I am ready to go to the nut ward!! Any advice  would be appreciated!! 

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

At least You know what the cause is. The side effects are horrific!  I’ve suffered for 5 years and told no way it was Gabapentin!  Wrong!  Slowly tapering off I’m getting a small bit of relief at a time!!  Wow!  It almost killed Me! No exaggeration!!
  • Posted

Same issues here...

Thigh/hip pain especially

Swollen puffy eyes like some kind of reaction...

Lived with THIS for years as I am afraid of the withdrawel...

I specifically told my doctor NOTHING ADDICTIVE!!!

Well he lied😡

It's been awhile since your post?

How's it going with getting off the GB?

• Posted

The more I read the more Im understanding most of what Im feeling is probably from Gabapentin. Insomnia, blurry vision, brain fog, slurred speech. I wish I never started taking this terrible drug. Im just reducing the amount I take slowly and hopefully I can stop taking it altogether. Good luck to you Diane
  • Posted

I too am suffering horribly from Gabapentin. It was given to me last December 1200mgs. I'm down to 500 mgs and suffering mentally and physically. Every time I reduce it any further, I suffer withdrawal. I even ended up in the Emergency ward twice from it. My doctor tells me it's not addictive. It IS. My pharamcist told me it was as well. Because I'm the way I am because of it, it's causing problems in my marriage which is just increasing my suffering. I am seeking out a 2nd opinion. I don't know what else to do...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.