Gabapentin is making me feel strange.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been prescribed 400 mg of gabapentin for lower back pain,hip and kneecap and I'm feeling really strange. The feeling I'm getting is almost like I've smoked Marijuana (did that in the 1980's) has anyone else had this and please tell me it will go away.

Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have been on Gabapentin for almost 5 months now, and feeling high is not one of them. It does mess with your memory though. Everyone reacts differently to every drug, so.... Maybe check with a pharmacist or your Dr.? Sorry, that's all I got! Good luck.

• Posted

Yep had the same effect on me and it will go away and you will take the med soon and it will have no effect on you other than help pain. I hope it works for you 

• Posted

Marie, I was on Gaba for 7 yrs, had at least 14 side effects from it, thought I was just getting old fast. It sneaks up on you, an in most cases is a very bad drug for your body. Some side effects will come and go. Watch yourself and your body closely, it's a hard drug to get off.  I took it for insomnia and muscle, back pain. Wish I had just taken OTC painkillers.  Take care. Keep reading this site and what it did to other people

• Posted

This is brain fog and this is what this drug is know for and tingling and freezing all the time and please check your temp 5 times daily to see your temp , temp means everything

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.