gabapentin not for me

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been taking gabapentin for around 8wks in that time my mood was becoming so low I was close to crying constantly .

I do suffer mild depression but this made it much worse I was like a ticking bomb waiting to explode I was only takin 300×3 times daily well I have cut them down and now am gabapentin free and never again will I try any other meds

acupuncture and excersize is the way ime going to go now

has anyone else suffered similarly on gabapentin

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi chris11339 I had severe allergic reactions to gabapentin my gp tried me on every pain med that was availble, I was affected by them all. so I dont take pain meds at all. I just use wheat bags hot water bottles they help to ease the pain a bit. fibro is trial error to find what suits us and what doesnt. and paceing ourselves is very important. hope the exercise and accupuncture work for you take care
  • Posted

I have now flatly refused to take any medication due to the horrific side effects of dizziness ,disorientation etc. I have to look after two young sons and am a single mother with no support so have to be campus me this all the time. Instead I have hot baths ,juice vegetables and fruit and went on a coping skills course at the Bath Mineral Hospital. Some days are worse than others. I find lack of sleep the worst problem because that has a knock on affect plus I am one month post shoulder surgery

• Posted

Hi Chris

I was on Gabapentin for 3 years it worked for me but caused hair loss I am now on 60mg Duloxetine and they are working for me without side effects.

I do excercise as it helps alot with fibromyalgia which raises adrenalin.  Which helps with fibromyalgia.

• Posted

I suffered terribly with gabapentin.

Gained loads of weight, illusions, more pain than normal.

I'm now on tapentatol. Much better for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.