Gabapentin question

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've had two heart bypass surgeries in 6 years. I was left with extensive chest wall nerve pain starting in 2004. Have tried every pain med in the world , I think. Nothing worked. Now it effects my sleep. If I manage 4 hours a night , thats great. My doctor recently prescribed Gabapentin at 300mg. Did absolutely nothing. So he upped the dose to 600mg.300mg at 5pm and 300mg at 9 pm since I try to be in bed by 10:30pm. Worked great. But last night I think I took 3 pills within a 4 or 5 hour period. Went to sleep at 11pm but had to wake at 7am. Have felt terrible all day. Neausea , extreme fatigue and even heart palpatations for awhile today. I guess the palpations and elevated blood pressure could be from anxiety. But I still am worried about this. Has anyone else taken too much too close together and did it cause these effects? I'm a 71 year old man from the U.S. Thanks for any reply.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

As with all medication different people have different reactions. You probably suffered from upping your intake too quickly. I am on 2700mg but I built up to this over time. Stick to the time spacing and you should be fine. I have quite a lot of pain from peripheral neuropathy and Restless Leg Syndrome and find Gabapentin helpful
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. Things seem to have gotten back to normal now. I think anxiety has more to do with my health issues than anything else..
    • Posted

Good. I know it's easy to say and hard to do but take care of yourself!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.