Gabapentin side effects

Posted , 11 users are following.

Has anybody heard of frequent urination with Gabapentin?

2 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello again,

Actually after your thread again, seems to me you may need a much lower dose, it may solve your problem?  Think back when there was a time these things did not bother you...and think about what dosage you were on at the time?  Doctor has this info and so does the pharmacist if you know the approximate date just call.  Good luck!

• Posted

Just delete this last post k?  I was talking to someone else...figures!  Hey what about an ablation procedure?  Worked for me!  I would definately get a second opinion about your options before a fusion!  And in regards to the 300mg x3 daily, something is not right with that..you are having side effects with the blurred vission, brain fog and fatigue.  I take it back don't go cold turkey..just take 300mg at night for at least 2 weeks then off.  If you want off and do not see improvements with your nerve pain.  That's it.

• Posted

This last post was to Casie57.
    • Posted

I don't know what you mean about an ablation? I've talked to my Dr. about seeing if I'd be a candidate for the gel injections (not sure of proper term) but I don't want a fusion if it can be avoided.

as for gabapentin I got my Dr. to give me 100 mg. 3x day to try lower dose. I'm finding I'm much better and I think it will be easier to taper off of.

• Posted

Hi everyone, I posted yesterday. Since my post I'm re thinking being on gabapentin. I'm feeling so exhausted and nauseated; last night my vision was so blurred and I couldn't sleep. Today has been the same; although I read everything that my pharmacist provided on the gabapentin, I began to read more articles online and also the terrible things that can come from being on this drug. I'm really re-thinking my first post. I'm not sure how I will deal with the nerve pain after going off of it but hoping there is a safer alternative.

I will be seeing my doctor on Thursday so I will be talking to him about weaning off. I was so happy to hear that there is a 100 mg. tablet! 

I have weaned myself off of lyrica for fibromyalgia and had terrible nightmares; sometimes 3 a night. 

Thanks everyone for listening and being such a supportive group.

• Posted

I came off and had to go back on due to nerve pain .It was really hard coming off .I used magnesium.
  • Posted

Yes, i JUST started this med today and read online thats def a side effect!!!
  • Posted

I believe itdoes cause it bc ive been on this drug for a few weeks and have noticed a unrinate more frequently. Going to get off it also have had alot of other bad side effects like anxiety tired dizzy foggy anxiety is so bad on this med also anxiety can make you urinate more also
    • Posted

Yes ii ended up in the ER bc of this drug
  • Posted

I have been prescribed gabapentene for severe bilateral footpain after pregabalin gave me severe kidney pain. Gabapenten was prescribed ay 300 mg 3 x a day.I however believe doctors overprescribe dosage of many medications due to the inducements of BigPharma companies. I therefore ignore the prescription for 3 times ad much and take ONLY 1x capsule of 300mg at night. However side effects appear to be VERY  frequent urination. I therefore either stop taking this for one or two days and restart by removing half or more of capsule contents before taking only half the amount to lower the dose. I notice that patients state this drug is hard to come off of! It is a drug that contains the product of certain poppy seeds aka heroin which may explain this and its addictive nature.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.