Gabapentin w/ swelling of hands & feet and Back pain

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi New to the group and was wondering if anyone else had this problem? I have been on Gabapentin for 3years. The last 2 months I have had swelling in hand & feet, joint pain, as well as low back pain. I know its from the medicine because I decided to stop taking it for a week and it stopped hurting. But as soon as it was back in my system the pain & swelling returned. Any views on this would be appreciated.

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Late old thread I know

But i could not find a blog that had exactly my experiences with

Gaberpentin

My right hand is numb mostly

Right ankle and left a bit swollen

I went lower and high as 1200

Mg a day

Now 800-100

Was 300 once a day and night but i would miss night dose

From the start it made some pain better and some worse

Higher dose seems to be worse as per my journaling

Uggg

Chronic pain

Internal tib fib rod (right)

Left hip replace from poor reduction of pelvic multi fracture

Bad surgeon -left heavy gait /quad sutured poorly etc

Three revision after its been ok but etopic bone formation

Also back and RADS

From former Job

The push of this and other bs drugs versus full extract CBDs

And low dose opioid based treatment works best but DEA

Etc went nuts

Kids dying prompted a worse fake fentynol for Heroin epidemic!

Fact not just my opinion

• Posted

When I was on it I had bad ankle swelling especially in my rt ankle. It hurt so bad I had to wear a brace. I'm off Gabapentin now but has some lingering side effects. Do wish they would go away. Have horrible pain in legs and feet. Am wondering how long this will last.

• Posted

Marie

Thanks Hope it gets well . I have same pain LOL and now a vein there needs to be taken care of uggg

I will try and wean off -meanwhile the DR wants me to go from 200 mg to 400 LOL

God Bless

Rob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.