Gabapentin withdrawals

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have taken gabapentin 300x3-900mgs day for 3 months!!! I have been off 11 days today!! At times during the day I think I’m getting better then all of sudden the withdrawals come back!! Everyday is like a crap shoot!! Don’t know if I will have a good or not!! Has this happened to anyone else???

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I hadn't been on as long. I'm grateful for that after reading. I was on 300 a few months and recently increased to 600 within the past month.

I have no withdrawal symptoms. I'm completely off. It hasn't been 2 weeks yet. I hope it gets better for everyone else. I really feel my vision issues started with gabapentin. Those issues still exists but no actual withdrawal symptoms.

• Posted

I sure wish these Drs would understand this!! I really wish I would have read all these comments before I even went on it!!! Now I am suffering!! I just don’t understand why these withdrawals last so long!! I’m glad you didn’t have to go through this!! It is hell!! I can’t seem to get any answers from Drs. Thank you for your response!!! 
  • Posted

Hello Diane Yes I have gone through what you have done.

Can I ask did you weane yourself off the Gabapentin or just stopped taking them ??!

• Posted

JohnAK,    I weaned myself off with Dr. I was on 900mg a day for 3 months! She told me drop 1-300mg capsule every 5-7 days! Then after 5-7 days on 300mgs just go off!! That is what I did!!
    • Posted

I went from 600 to 300 for a few days then stopped completely. My choice and I let me doctors know. I believed that it was causing me vision loss and I wasn't about to take it for 1 more day.

• Posted

I was still on 400 mg a day when I stopped and it took me a little over a month to recover from side effects. 
    • Posted

Arneluis, 

Thanks for the info! I am beginning to think this will never go away!!! If they told me I was dying and gabapentin was the only thing that would save me I would rather die than take this med again!! NEVER!!!

• Posted

I'm on 800mg  1 3 times a day and it's space in me out

• Posted

Gabapentin is a drug that should be taken carefully try reducing 100mg at a time
    • Posted

Stulee09,

I have been off for 10 days!! Did it the way my dr told me to do it!! I went crazy when I was on them!! Bad depression, weakness in legs, blurry vision, chills/hot flashes, prickly itchy skin etc. Now withdrawals are horrible!!! 

• Posted

I haven't expierienced any off these symptons and I'm on the highest dose and there putting me on lyrica next 20mg one three times a day and don't see any way off them so what did your doctor suggest when you want off them

• Posted

Lyrics for me sent me into a deep depression. Uncontrollable crying, I couldn't leave the bed. I was first prescribed Lyrica and gabapentin and it didn't work. My doctor suggested weaning off. I heard them.

• Posted

I heard lyrica was worst to get off than gabapentin!! I don’t know never was on it!! I am trying to become prescription drug free!! After this ordeal with gabapentin I don’t trust anything!! This is a nightmare drug for me anyway!!
    • Posted

I  trying to get prescription drug free!!! Was on two meds that alter brain then they threw me on this!! Took a toll on me!! Has taken me down so far I don’t think I will get back out!! Everyone is different! Some meds work better for some and not for others!!! 
    • Posted

I agree. I'm trying to reduce medications. Increasing minerals, fruits, vegetable, alkaline water.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.