Gabapentin Withdrawl - Rebound pains?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I have just started coming off Gabapentin which was prescribed to treat post-hepetic neuralgia (nerve pain caused by shingles) in January . I was on 12 tablets a day and I'm now on 9. Yesterday I felt great, completely pain free. But in the night I had an attack of neuralgia, although not as serious in January is spooked me. Is this attack of nerve pain usual when coming off Gab? I am 29 and relatively healthy and so the Dr hopes the neuralgia would have gone by now.

Thank you for ANY help anyone can give.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.