Gabapentine

Posted , 6 users are following.

I took Gabapentine for months no relief at all plus it has horrible side effects i would never take that medication again

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have just stopped taking it too. What kind of side effects did you have? I found myself dosing while i was working and obsessing. I first tried cutting it in half. But I didn't see much coming from that.

• Posted

Its worked well for me....Very well...but I take it just before I go to sleep at night and limit myself to 600mgs. The regular dose is at least twice that which amazes me cause  1200 mgs would have me swinging around the Empire State building
    • Posted

Hi

I was put on the high dose and did nothing for me but everyone is different but am glad it helped you

Amitriptyline helped a lot

• Posted

Hot weather helps me and nothing else.  I wouldn’t touch these medications.
  • Posted

I'm on it and it does nothing for the nerve pain. I'm taking 200mg three times a day. I'm also taking baclofen which doesn't really do much either. I don't have the problem of dosing off though. I have also been on lyrica, celexa and cymbalta which made things much worse

• Posted

I was the same as yourself. Only  I had no side effects. Gabrepentine Just did nothing for me.I switched to pregabaline and it gives me a bit more help with the condition. With a load of other meds added. When they say that there is no cure it’s true . Just try to find a happy medium with your pain and discomfort.. I hope that you can find some peace from this horrific condition.
    • Posted

Hi Boston

Thank you like you said you just need to find a way off coping, i have had this a long time so I have had to learn to live with it and I do, I work part time that helps to keep your mind off it, I also went to a pain clinic it was no help either

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.