Gabapetin?drug of all trades?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm cat196111 and I was put on gabapetin for anxiety back in march 2016 started at a low dose and was increasing monthly my symptoms didn't change as doses got higher than I noticed I had no energy and am always tired and just want to be in bed.Which is not good then I read the side effects and found that I had more of them nausea headaches fatigue so I made up my mind to get off them I will be seeing my Dr tomorrow to talk to him about it I'm not going to live this way yes gabapetin works great for other conditions and for those who are on it I wish you all the best ??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you get off of it taper v e r y slowly!! Withdrawal is awful.

I got off because it made me sleep. But was taken off way to fast and it was bad!!

Good Luck!!

• Posted

Hi sandy thanks for responding and for the advice I will take you up on that thank you 😊 are you doing better now?I hope so.
    • Posted

Yes I am doing better now..still dealing with some digestive issues, bloating and acid reflux but hoping it will get better each day..

​Gabby is such a weird drug..wish I had never tried it at all..Lesson learned.

​Keep me posted..remember..taper very very slow

• Posted

Hi Cat,

Smart move.  I just don't understand why docs are prescribing this med. for anxiety?  It never worked for me and my anxiety..and yes just like me, I was so darn sleepy during the day I could not take it anymore.  I do take only 300mg at night for nerve pain-if it even works,...but this med. scares me...they sell it like candy now a days.  Get off or at least take a minimum dose at night.  And get something like klonopin for anxiety...that my dear WORKS!  Xanax sucks..it's rebound is too addicting.  Best wishes smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.