Gaberbentin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone find gaberbentin makes them anxious and makes feeling of resttlessness worse or am im not getting the dose right

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

lotsofpain: I'm currently taking 1 300 mg capsuel of the xtend release gabapentin for over a month now. I also feel anxious and quick to get annoyed, this is an awful side affect for someone like myself because I am already naturally that way the gabapentin exacerbates this feeling. However this out weighs my tremors and helps with my neuropathy some.

• Posted

hello Tina . I See you are only taking 1x300mg they can take a couple of months to get in your system .I Take them for nerve damage and are helping with the pain, They can take a few months to get use too. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thank you, JohnAk for your response I too take Gabapentin for chronic nerve pain and also for Essential Tremors. When you began taking Gabapentin were you finding yourself quick to anger? I was not so short fused the first few weeks than all of a sudden I have little patience and I hate this feeling. Although I suppose I do prefer this side effect over any of the other horrific side effects received from taking the stronger dose Gabapentin regime.

For anyone thinking whether or not they should start Gabapentin after reading all of the awful reviews a lot of patients have had from taking this medication let me just say, you should certainly give it a try and see if it will work for you. Honestly it has helped me maybe not 100% pain free yet, However at this early phase since starting Gabapentin I would say to date it has helped my relieve my nerve pain about 40% and maybe 50% change noticed with my essential tremors. As long as things get better not worse I will continue moving forward in taking Gabapentin in hopes that my pain and suffering will be under control and my tremors not so severe.

• Posted

hi TINA

Quite agree with your comments

as long as you con cope with the side affects well i would certainly

keep taking them as they certainly help with the nerve pain.......john

• Posted

HI ,It can take a while to get into your system,and you should get over the side effects after you have been on them for a couple of months.

I Find that they can make you very tired near the end of the day.

hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.