Gagging sensation 24/7 please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have no idea what i have but its been bothering me for so many years. Sometimes mainly after i eat i feel like im going to gag after for no reason like i just feel a lump in my throat and ill have to have mints or gum to help control it. thats not the only time ill get it though because i even sometimes get it randomly like when im exercising i have to have gum in my mouth to reduce the risk of the gagging sensation. ive literally had this for years and its really effecting my life and i dont know what to do anymore. someone please help.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

After having a meal, if you feel that there is a lump in the throat then it might be because of reflux laryngopharyngitis. It may be considered as a type of acid reflux, but it deals with irritation and swelling of vocal tissues. Is this accompanied with a feeling of dry mouth? If so, then a few tests might be needed to ascertain the cause. Perhaps eosinophil count, or sialometry and sialography tests should be performed. Consult a gastroenterologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.