Posted , 7 users are following.

i am having gailbladdeer surgery friday the 29 of may and I am so worried please let me know how ya'lls went! 

0 likes, 16 replies

Report / Delete

16 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Brianna I had my op 3 years ago You will be fine, if you take Omprazole take them regular all this week that keeps the acid at bay. When they send you home be pampered dont do anything for at least a week and then only do light things it usually takes about 4 weeks to start feeling really better so dont get too impatient remember it's major surgery even if you have keyhole surgery! Good luck love and let us know how you are xxxx 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I was terrified..

    but I shouldn't have been .

    surgery at 12.30 pm released to go home 8.30pm 

    slept well in my own bed..paracetamols took pain away ...first 3 days lots of pain from gas they inflate you with making its way out of you through shoulders etc...but paracetamols worked...ate careful for 2 days then gave way to a bag of maltessers ..and I was ok 😜👌

    then just ate normal food ...fantastic ..

    was stupid swept kitchen floor ....felt like kicked in stomach ..was more careful 

    took 6 weeks to use abdominal muscles again..felt fatigued for 3 months but could function ok.. Then yippee energy returned felt great ..

    best thing ever ... Can eat anything vomiting agony colic attacks no pain no feeling constantly billious ..

    pits worth having it done ..

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I had mine out in January.    I'm in the US, so if you are in the UK some details may be different.   Checked in around 8:30, taken to surgery at 9:15.  Was home by 4 or so.  Main issue at first was shoulder/back pain  (from the air they pump in to give them more room) and throat pain (from the tube they put down).  Tube went in after I was out and before I woke up.  Sherbert helped with the sore throat.  AI wa able to stop the narcotic pain meds after a few days and switch to ibuprofen.  Stayed with my parents for 2 days then went to my house.  Just took it easy at home- was off work just short of 2 weeks. If you live alone, get frozen food or other things you can just het up.  I also got paper plates/cups and plasticware so i di dnot have to clean dishes. 

    Generally everything has been much better since surgery.  Having some flank pain, though better than before.  I will call the doc soon to make sure everything is ok. 

    In the end, though- try not to worry.   It really isnt that bad 

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    You will be fine. I had mine out 29th April. There is really nothilng to it.

    Over 90% of peoplehave keyhole surgery.

    You will have to take things easy for bit afterwards and still be careful what you eat.

    Take care and keep in touch

    Praying for you

    Love Sarah xxx

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    whew!! I had mine on the 18 of may . like you I freak out when I new the day was coming... Yes I understand how u feel.I think having someone take u who will comfort u will help.

    When I went in that morning, it was about 6:30 am , Completed papers work etc around 9-10am I was called in for pre op. IV inserted, Tylynol given, Anesth came by and assure me he be the one to knock me out.

    lot is going on at that time ,I was still feak out.My surgeon came around talk with me signed off on me .

    next thing I knew was givin hapren blood thinner. wheeled into surgey.

    okay, was even scared more...lot of thing flying in my head. Then was given a breathing mask(I callled it hilter gas) 1 2 3 was knock out.

    next thing I remenber was in recovery!! nursing stuffing me with crackers, apple juice. Pray, ask God to take control.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I had my gallbladder removed on 8th May.  They put me out before being taken into the op. theatre and the next I knew was being told all had gone well and having a ham sandwich and a yogurt.  I was given iv pain killers and then the next day sent home and told to take paracetamol for pain which I didn't have at all.  I didn't have any of the problems caused by gas which so many have suffered,  I think my surgeon took it all  out. I did not have diarrhea or nausea either.  DO NOT OVERDO IT over the next few days.  Rest is important.  I felt so well that I started cleaning the house on the 5th day after op. and that set me back as I did not feel well for a couple of days afterwards.  Tomorrow will be three weeks since the op. and I still feel well and taking it easy.  Good luck, everything will go well.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I just did not feel well and was very tired so I just rested a bit more and now  I do a little cleaning each day - someone's got to do it and my husband is allergic to housework!!!!  I'm still on a very low fat diet for another week and then will be able to introduce fats gradually.  
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up