gails update!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone!

gails been in touch! she has just txt'd me, right she says she can't talk now i don't know whether she literally can't talk (cos of op!!) or its cos she can't talk (you know hiding phone from nurses!!! :shock: ) anyway she says shes doing :ok: , but there's abit of bad news too :wah: the doc said it was a bigger op than he thought it would be and she's gonna have to go back and have the other disc's done in around 3 months!!!!!! i do feel so sorry for her, she has to go through it all again!! she knows you all thinking of her, and she's hopeing to be home on tuesday!! :magic:

yipee!!!

take care all, :hug:

:holly:mandy:holly: x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Good to hear she is doing well but not so good that she has to do it again. I suppose she will be well prepared for the next one ....... I wonder why it wasn't all done in one go?? I'm probably being a bit thick and there's a perfectly good reason, in fact I can hear you all screaming at me.

Am I right in thinking it was ACDF? How many levels and how many to go? I'm due to find out on Wednesday if I have to have mine taken out.

I hope she's feeling comfortable.

I know, I'll get my coat :wink:

Sandra

• Posted

Not good news for her to have gone in to have the back problem sorted & still come out needing further surgery. If the Docs had managed to get her in sooner, maybe the problem would not have been as bad as it is now.

I know what I would be doing now if I was in her shoes - asking the Surgeon how much worse has it gotten since the referral for surgery was made & why the hell was this not picked up in the mean time whilst waiting for the slot from the referral.

• Posted

hi all,

sandra :lol: i wasn't screaming at you!..............honest! :lol: i know what you mean though, lol, oh whats ACDF :huh:

anyway not much to report, gails still ok and having her clips out tomorrow, all she has told me is that she had a large displacement and that it took along time, but she says she will be back on line asap :ok:

take care,

:holly:mandy:holly:

• Posted

I'm used to being screamed at, so no worries there!

ACDF is anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. I couldn't remember if she was back or neck.

Any idea when Gail will be out - hope it is in time for Christmas, how is she doing?

Sandra

• Posted

hi sandra,

lol, :lol: i bet you was screaming at me then!!! thanks for explaining that, :doh: i'm just going to txt gail and i'll email her later! but otherwise i know shes not feeling too good at mo, but i'll find out, :ok:

oh it was her neck!! like me :wah: so i need to keep a diary of how shes feeling so i know what i have in store! :lol: shes my little guinea pig! mind you i'm going to kings the same hosp tfu went to!! ekkk!!! they've messed me about, not as much as poor tfu and they messed up during her op too, have you read her post? i do feel for her, i postponed my op and may have to again! so i can't make any more complaints about waiting so long!! grrr!!!

anyway take care, and i'll let you know if i hear anything ok,

• Posted

sandra,

sorry just seen, you did read tfu's post :oops:

• Posted

Hey no worries, it doesn't matter, I generally forget what I've read within a couple of minutes anyway :lol:

What hospital is Gail in? I found out this week that I'm going to be having 2 discs out in my neck next year - I've been told 3 - 4 months waiting time. That suits me just fine as I've only just come out of lumbar surgery :roll:

What has Gail had done? I know I've been told before but refer back to the first paragraph of this post! What are you waiting to have done? Are we all neckies?

Sandra

• Posted

hi sandra, :lol:

yeh we all neckies!!! gail went to morritsons in cardif (i think spelt right!) she was having a discectomy (spelling!) i think that what she ended up having too cos she said he removed a large prolapse, :yikes:

i have 2 prolapses in my neck! ekkk!!! 1 large, 1 small, i've been told by NS that i'll be having discectomy and fusion! he also said i have nerve damage that he won't be able to help, :wah: but like i said b4 less pain is better than nothing!! lol, i also have a disc bulge in my lumbar! i don't know quite what that means, but its painful!! i have DDD in cervical and lumbar. i was due to go up kings for a pre-op on 4th dec, the day tfu went in!! but i had to postpone, i have to go now on 11th jan!! but not sure if i'll have to cancel yet, if i can't make it again i have to go back to the begining from gp-conultant, then wait to see a NS again, so looking at another year!! just hopeing i can keep this one!

i really need to catch up on what peps have had done or who are still waiting. :sorry:

gail was abit poorly when she last contacted me, so i'm just waiting now, but i'll let you know, she's only contacted me by txt and you can't write much in a txt can ya? so they been short but sweet! lol

take care,

• Posted

Gail has been in hospital a while now hasn't she, or did she sneak out while I wasn't looking?

I'm going to have a 2 level cervical discectomy and fusion and have been told I should only be in for a day or two. No collar either!! I've got visions of my head spinning round (excorcist style) :roll: but they seem to know what they are talking about.

There must be a problem if Gail is still in hospital or am I stuck in a time warp again??

Sandra

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.