Gained 10 pounds after 3 months of fluoxentine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

So my depression is cured. But I gained 10 pounds of weight .

I stopped taking fluox but my weight continue to increase rapidly.

What can I do to stop this ?

Im already eating very little and exercising a lot.

Peter

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That tells me all I need to know! Isn't there any positive after taking any anti depressant? I don't care how hard my counselling gets. Thanks for that be thankful you're rid of the muck!

• Posted

Hi Peter. Have you been to your doctor to explain what's going on with your body. Maybe they can help you. Also maybe it will just take time for your system to adjust to getting off the antidepressant. Good luck. Diane. 

• Posted

I am having trouble maintaining my weight on paxil.  I have had to stop eating past 6pm, eat low carb in the evening, and do interval training after 6pm.  That keeps my weight in check, but it is such a pain.  I hate what it takes to keep the weight down.
  • Posted

My weight gain has stopped .

I ate so little these two days, I felt hungry all the time.

I am almost 10 day off fluox now. No major depressive symptoms. But just feeling negative and tired.

I hope I can tolerate the suffer from the diet restriction.

• Posted

Peter

Sometimes ad medications can cause weight increase, if you have stopped taking this medication allow time for complete withdrawal.

I do have problems with weight because of my medications, although I do take a large variety of different medications. All I can suggest is keep trying loosing weight, your GP may send yo to see a dieticion. Ask

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.