Gaining weight - need help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello together, 8 months after the diagnose - Short Barrett- I was really in shock and lost about 5-6kg of my "normal" weight. I ´m 43 and now have about 71kg - 179cm and not strong build - > BMI about 22.

I belive that I developed barrett because in my student time I drunk and eat a lot before going to bed - I sometimes noticed the reflux during sleep with coughing - that was the only problem I had with this topic.

A lot of people ask me - are you ill - it seams you lost wheigt ?!

THIS is not really enjoyable.

I never had stomach problems or heartburn - before and after the diagnosis with 20mg ppi. Only a 3 months cough which startet at the beginning last year - but this symptom disapears over the last months (sometimes a very lightly problem with breathing in - but my lung functions are normal and I can do my sports (cardio and weight) without any problems).

I try to do more and more intermittent fasting (14:10) and not to eat after 5 pm. I start the day with an extensive breakfast, a light lunch and do dinner canceling. Between the meels I eat some healthy snacks. I try to avoid bad fats and eat a lot of rice, potatoes, veggies, fruits. Fish and chicken too with low amount of red meat.

Not to forget that I do 2 times a week cardio training (do this before my diagnoses too) and 2 times muscle training (doing this I always be aware that I breath normaly during my exercises).

My wish is going back to my normal weight but I cannot do this with my actual eating behavour. If I break this system I always feel completely guilty - not caring my barrett -

MY vicious circle.

I write those words while I ´m sitting in a hotel and see all the people eating their meals - I have hunger... I want to eat a steak!!!

Does anybody have the same problems or can help me to find a solution.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i was told i had it 2 years ago in my first year i lost 2 stone so normal my weight at mo is about right for my build

• Posted

okay BMI of22 to22,5 is also not too bad - but especally in my face i want to get more.

• Posted

Thank's David that's reassuring. my weight is not too bad for my height.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.