Gall Bladder

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been having issues with stomach recently. The Dr gave me PPI s but they made no difference. I then went for an ultrasound about 2 weeks ago at the time the lady doing the test said there is nothing to worry about. Today I receive a letter saying I may have a polyp in the gall bladder and now need an MRI scan. I am extremely worried and anxious..any advice?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

what stomach issues that you have ? can you elobrate with details.do you have bloating or pain?

If you have polyps, better to remove the gb and i have met few folks who removed their gb in their 40's and i see her doing great.

• Posted

Hi,

​    I had stomach tenderness and what they thought was acid reflux due to my constant sore throat. However the endoscopy was clear. I have really changed my diet and cut out majority of processed foods which has really helped with the stomach pain but it is still there. During the abdo scan the radiologist said she thought there was sludge in my gall bladder it took her a while to see it and she kept on saying there is a lot of air. She said there is nothing for you to go home and worry about!!! Then i receive a letter saying that they suspect  polyp but will have to do a MRI to assess further. I rang the MRI department but they said the consultant did not ask for an urgent MRI....Does this mean the consultant is not too worried?

​Sorry but I am in my forties and getting so stressed.

• Posted

Hi 

I wouldn’t recommend getting your gall bladder out, as a lot of people still have the same issues once it’s removed. You could try some digestive enzymes, it may be your gall bladder is sluggish due to the polyp. Try not to worry too much and make sure they explain thoroughly what they intend to do. 

• Posted

the folks you see online are the ones who are still having issues, there are are many folks who are doing great which we wont see them coming online and posting it. Myself still in this forum bcoz i got both gastritis and gallbladder which is not working and now got stones. i got severe bloating,burping and acid refulx , so i'm bit confused if gastritis or the gallbladder causing the issue. So yet to take the gb out. I have did lot of diet restrictions,digestive enzymes, probiotics , but seems end of the day my gb need to be out as nothing fixed my bloating,burping and acid reflux.

• Posted

Hi

​  I am petrified that the polyp will be large, although initially the radiologist told me it was sludge in my GB. Everything I am reading at the moment tells me that if they do find a polyp I should ask for the GB to be removed.

• Posted

Hi

​ Have you had an endoscopy to confirm your gastritis? Try some curcumin/turmeric extract it is excellent for healing inflamed  areas.

• Posted

Thank you for the suggestion. I did 3 times endoscopy, 2 in India and 1 in USA  with diagnosis as gastritis. I also use to have lot of cummin seed juice to reduce inflammation and have turmeric in all my foods.but unfortunately nothing works for me. The symtoms are real gone worse since 2011 year when they found gallbladder was not working.
    • Posted

Hi

I accept there are people that find relief in their symptoms when they have their gall bladder removed, but I have also spoken to a lot of people that have had it removed and are still having the same symptoms, everyone’s different, for some it’s a success, for others it’s not. Personally I think, this organ is taken out of the body, needlessly at times. I have chronic Gastritis, I get the bloating, acid reflux, intense nausea, burning sensation in my stomach, I also get a knife like stabbing pain in my chest area at times when I eat, not sure if that’s to do with my Gastritis. I have upper right quadrant pain as well, I’ve had two ultrasounds, nothing showed. Every now and again I get a dull aching pain in that area. Do you think their could be a connection between Gastritis and the the gallbladder? 

• Posted

Hi

I’ve just recently found out organic pine nut oil does wonders for Gastritis without actually having to change your diet. I’m going to start taking it myself as I’m not having any luck on doctors meds.

• Posted

you should do a hida scan to make sure gallbladder is working or not, for years i had similar symptoms like you  and ultrasound showed nothing. finally hida showed gb not working.
    • Posted

This is no radiation risk...it's a very less radio active material...need to drink more water after the test to flush out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.