Gall bladder and Adhesions

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had gall bladder disease and the doctors removed it. However I  started getting bad pains and the doctors confirmed it as adhesions. Nothing seems to be working for me. The doctors just give me pain killers. Recently as per my friend's suggestion, I spoke to a physiotherapist in Missisauga, Dynamic Physiotherapy. And they suggested going for a massage therapy as it will help relieve the pain. Has anyone gone through this? Should I go for massage therapy? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jjaz,

I see that you are also experiencing the post op pains. I certainly not heard about massage therapy and obviously don't would work but as they say nothing ventured nothing gained. I have also had advice to try Reiki, but feel if it works it's only a short term thing, ie it gives some relief but not permanent and of course there is the cost of  the sesions with a Reiki practitioner. Has anyone had any experience's, has they mentioned it to their consultant?

• Posted

Hi alistair95425,

Thanks for sharing the information. I wish we had a Reiki practitioner where we live. It's sometimes so painful that I am ready to try anything. 

• Posted

What is Adhesions? Beacuse I have the pain after gallbladder removal which happens four years ago.
    • Posted

Hi cathy94688,

I don't know much about it. My doctor told me that it forms as a result of the surgery. As for me I developed this pain on the upper right side. I also have digestion issues. That's when my doctor told me about this possibility of adhesions and scar tissue. It can't be treated through medication I guess. That's why I am looking for other options. 

• Posted

Did you have a tricky removal operation by any chance?

I've never heard of adhesions before.

I had a tricky removal, I nearly died in the surgery but was told if I hadn't had it I would've died anyway as I the gallbladder was in such a bad state.

I recovered relatively well.  Then I was fine for about a year.  Then I've just had the year from hell.  I've had so many tests and scans and seen various people.  The upshot is I have some sort of post operative mass in the gallbladder region.  I'm waiting for a date for surgery to remove this.  It is so painful.  I don't have the horrible stabbing pains anymore, but just constant pain, bad stomach, nausea, severe tiredness.  It is horrible.  Hopefully the next operation will help to some degree.  People either have successful routine operations and recover well.  Or when it goes wrong, it goes wrong and people suffer for a long time after.  Also, I'm trying to keep calm and not stress about it as this will give more pain.  Good luck to you all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.