Gall bladder and pancreitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

i came out of hospital on Christmas Eve after a rather nasty bout of pancreitis caused by a stone stuck in my duct. I'm still not feeling well and am having trouble eating, does anyone have any suggestions for meals that are low fat, I'm losing weight due to not eating very much and worried I might not be fit for my GB removal op.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I found porridge made with water with some maple syrup on kept  me going before I got my GB removed nearly 5 months ago. I hope you get sorted soon.
    • Posted

Thank you Jane I shall try the porridge with water anything to stop the weight sliding off. I wish you well x
  • Posted

hi maxdex.uo

it is a problem knowing what to eat i make myself a big pan of minestrone soup no meat in it but full of veg and pulses look  up the recipe on google choose the olive garden own recipe its lovely and tasty too it lasts me about four days have it with crusty bread fills you up i also have lots of fish mostly salmon with rice and i have chicken with salad no dressing though just balsamic vinegar . and a jacket potatoe be glad when i can eat normally again if ever . i am losing weight though wich i need to do so i suppose that is a plus to this terrible disease . linda

• Posted

Thanks nana loon I shall certainly try that,the weight has fallen off me 1stone in the first week and I'm so small I really can't afford to lose much more weight. Had news from the hospital today they are going to do a procedure to see if they can remove the stone from my pancreatic duct which is causing so much trouble. I hope you are keeping well x
  • Posted

Hi...I lived on porridge,fruit and salads with cooked chicken,no sauces or dressings just a little low fat mayonnaise on salad...it's been 4 weeks since I had gallbladder removed and can happily say I've had 2 takeaways this week without a problem 😎...all that weight I lost is sure gonna come back 😱....it's horrible living in fear of eating ...Wish you well
  • Posted

I was told to stick to 3% fat which is tough going but well worth it. I have an app on my phone which I can name any food or brand and it will tell me the fat content. Breakfast is easy with cereal, dinners are easy with very lean meat like chicken breast, pork medalions, rice, baby new potatoes, veg and extra lean steak mince, browned and drained makes days worth of different meals. You can even buy bacon medalions which have very little fat and i make stocks. There are a few good sauces I've found very low to no fat. I'd never considered using cooking sauces before but as I cannot add any fats it's harder. It is lunches I struggle with the most. It's very hard to find sandwich fillings so low in fat and I hate not being able to eat a spread or butter. Any suggestions would be great.
    • Posted

Thank you Lisa I will try your suggestions, I hope you are keeping well,x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.