Gall bladder area pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

i was wondering if anyone has the same symptoms as me, i get a sharp pain (stinging & stabbing pain) in my gallbladder area only when i twist my body or bend over, its very sharp but dissapears if i massage the area.

Is this a common sign of gallbladder problems. I also get the same pain if my bowels are full.

thank you

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

hi yes sometime this happens to me

• Posted

thank you for your reply, have you been diagnosed with gallbladder problems please.

• Posted

Yep me also not so much a stabbing pain but a dull pain that seems to be there all the time, if it gets to bad i use a heat pack to relieve the pain.

• Posted

Yep me also not so much a stabbing pain but a dull pain that seems to be there all the time, if it gets to bad i use a heat pack to relieve the pain.

• Posted

• Posted

I always find the posts interesting === I'm waiting to have my gall bladder out!!!! Has no one read any of the posts on Ursodeoxycholic acid treatment to dissolve gall stones?

• Posted

Micklemus I've seen you around here for a few years and you've always said about ursodeoxycholic acid and you aren't having you gallbladder out, this is the 1st time I've seen otherwise.

Could I ask what's changed?

• Posted

I recently started having pains in my back when i twist and turn. I was also diagnosed with gallstones.

• Posted

I I also have horrible pain in my back it's like somebody kicked me in my spine. I didn't think it was related to my gallbladder but starting to think it is.

• Posted

I have more of a full feeling under my right rib when I sit up or am slumped over. I don't feel it much when I'm standing. I have random sharp pains under my right rib that feels like gas at times too. It takes my breath but passes in seconds. I tried to make an appointment to see a surgeon to have my gallbladder out but he wants me to see a gastro doc to rule put h pylori first.

• Posted

Hi Mandy

Sounds similar to mine, I cant drive for very long before the pain becomes intolerable. lying on my left side is only comfortable position at times. Do u get other symptoms like gurgling sounds or painful to touch that particular area?

• Posted

I do have a lot of gurgling noises. I was scared it was my liver but I just had a CT scan with contrast and it was clear other than a fat deposit on my liver?? I go january 6 for an endoscopy so we'll see what that says.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.