Gall bladder follow up

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

Not been on site for a while, but was wondering if anyone has similar experience as myself.

Had gall bladder removed last November, and everything was fine, only issue that the surgeon had was bladder had adherred to other organs, hence look longer to remove. But all ok.

Everything was fine for 4 months, then started gettingĀ same dull ache/pain across top of my stomache. Along with this started to get bloated stomach and also a lot of wind. Lived with it for a time and started taking Buscopan again.Although have the ache during the day it gets worse when I go to bed and lie down, and can only sleep on my back.

Have been to the GP, who says it could be adhesions, however he has now referred me to the Consultant surgeon who operated on me.

Has any else had a similar experience after the operation.

cheers

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alistair

I had my gall bladder removed in October 2013 and I am still suffering from pain and other symptoms. I can't lie on my right side and have had two ultrasounds and MRI which have all been normal. Currently waiting on another appt with my surgeon, although I have been told that it is probably adhesions and IBS. It is very frustrating and I wish I could give you a more positive answer. I have tried eliminating food but still struggling with this. Interested to hear what your surgeon says. Good luck.

• Posted

Hello treezy,

Thanks for your reply. You will see my response to Coral and Jjaz. I don't know what the answer is, whether it is massage or Reiki or something else. I like you all just want a permanent resolution. So will see what the consultant says next week, and will post .

best regards

• Posted

Yes i have been exactly the same i had my gall bladder removed april 2014 around a month to 2 months after the surgery i started with all the same symptoms before i had it removed. I was also told adhensions as i have so many surgeries in my abdominal area i underwent further surgery to remove the adhensions however still suffering it feels like a never ending cycle. One surgeon told me that even after having it removed you can still experience the same pain to which my response was what is the point in having it removed then. I am now awaiting to see another surgeon to see what he thinks
    • Posted

Hello Coral,

thanks for your reply. It seems that this appears to be something that happens post op. However, the long term removal probably does have some long term benefits regards to the stones, as I have known people spend many hours at A&E (emergency room) having morphine etc because of the pain. Thankfully I never got to that stage. But bottom line We still have this nagging pain /ache in the stomach and I don't want to have to live with it for the rest of my life. So hopefully seeing the Consultant next week will give me an answer and can move on. Will post after I have seen him.

regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.