Gall Bladder? Help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

At the begining of September I had food posioning like symptoms ( chills, fever, nausea etc) and I lost my appetite. It happened for about a day and a half then I felt better. About two weeks later I had stomach pain on my right side near my ribcage.The pain was intense and lasted for about 5 minutes. A week later I was @ home and the same pain along with nausea. Towards the end of September I woke up early in the morning with my right side in pain so bad I didn't know what to do. I felt ill and tired. The pain lasted about an hour or so. I then decided to go to urgent care where the doctor examined my stomach and said you need a CT-scan of your abdominal area. I think you are having problems with your gall bladder. Go to the ER for a scan. Well, I got to the ER and they decided NOT to do a CT-scan. ER told me we're going to do  blood work instead. ER ignored ALL my symptoms and did blood work on my liver, gall bladder and appendix. All the test came back normal. Two weeks later the pain came back more server then ever. It felt like somebody took a match and set my right side of my stomach on fire inside. The thing is my regular doctor wants me to have surgery on another health condition that I have but the symptoms that I'm having is getting worse. I have a strange feeling that what I'm expericing has nothing to do with my previous health condition. What should I do? Should I get a second opionion about this? Or go ahead have this surgery with the chances of complications? I cannot tell the general surgeon about this becuase it's not comming from a doctor. I'm trying not to be a hyperchrondiact. I want to know why for the past month my sypmtoms signify having a gall bladder problem but no diagnosis? This is costing me $$$$  my doctor's office told me NOT to go back to the ER. I go for a consultation with the general surgeon, I'm kinda nervous.  My health condition that I'm deaing with is nothing serious,it's minor but should I tell the surgeon about this? My regular doctor doesn't even know.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would get a second opinion i had to fight left and right for my gallbladder my gi dr told me i needed surgery but left it up to the surgeons because they didn't like my insurance despite the fact i lost 40 lbs in a month etc you need a hidascan to check your gallbladder 
    • Posted

You're right!  I'm mad at the ER cuz they say one thing and the urgent care docotor said another. I'm thining about seeing a different GP about my abdominal pain. The bottom line is I don't want to find out later on that this abdominal pain issue is something different from what I'm being told now! I know people who had surgery and come to find out other stuff was going on in the inside that they didn't know about. I don't want to wake up out of surgery and extra oragns got removed!!!
  • Posted

Try going totally fat free for a week and then eat something very fatty like ice cream etc., if you end up with severe pain it's more than likely that your gall bladder is blocked with stones and you will definitely need it removed otherwise you could end up with jaundice, In my case sudden onset of pain on eating something fatty, and then I ended up with bile salts getting into the blood stream and ended up in hospital for eight days hoping I wouldn't get pancreatitis. Ask for an ultrasound scan of the gall bladder to see if there are any stones.  Look up: 

Understanding the gallbladder and bile  -https://patient.info/health/cholecystitis  see also http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Gallstones/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Hope this helps - cheers Nick

• Posted

thanks for the info! I went to see the General Surgeon today about my surgery and I told the doctor all that's what happened to me. He scheduled me an ultrasound on my gall bladder this thursday. He said if my glall bladder is showing signs that it's not good, that the doctor will take remove my glall bladder during the lasproscopic sugery on my navel. Hel'll perform both at the same time. Nick1955 you're on it! If my glall bladder turns out to be normal, I will start eating right and go back to excersing too I'll keep you posted! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.