Gall bladder is partially distended with 1mm calculus

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

This is my ever post at any medical forum. This is reagrding my mother. We did a CT scan with the report as follows :

"

Point no. 3 :

Gall bladder is partially distended showing diffusely thickened wall and mild pericholecystic fat stranding. The common bile duct is dilated (measured ~ 13 mm in mild segment). Ad tiny calculus of size ~1mm is seen in distal CBD with surrounding soft tissue component.

[u]Impression : [/u]

CECT abdomen shows a tiny calculus with surrounding small soft tissue in the distal CBD causing mild dilatation of proximal CBD and IHBR. Mild diffuse GB wall thickening with surrounding fat stranding is seen ? cholecystitis.

[u]Advice:[/u] MRCO correlation

"

She is admitted in hospital for the last 10 days with no pain whatsoever. But while admitting , she was in great pain. They gave her a saline like bottle , I dont know what it was. And she was OK in some 2-3 hours and since then in last 10 days there is no pain what soever.

Whats your take on that ?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Haven't got a clue sorry mumble jumble to me hahax

• Posted

I don't know how to edit my post ?

What I have written in double quotes in my original post is the relevant portion of the CT scan report given to us.

What else you can't understand ?

• Posted

Calcalus is a stone

I am not in the medical field, so dont know how to interpret the rest, did the Dr not explain the findings? If not I would go back and ask smile

• Posted

Dr said jaundice shouldn't be there because of 1mm calculus, it might be something else, so we did a MRCP and will get its report today. I thought of asking here so I can avoid getting fooled by the hands of corrupt doctors.

• Posted

Ok so the gallbladder wall is thickened which is usually cholecystitis (so an inflamed gallbladder). A calculus is a gallstone and CBD is common bile duct. So there's a stone in the common bile duct. Sounds like they'll probably wait til inflammation has gone down a bit then will remove the gallbladder. They'll maybe have to do ERCP if there's gallstone outwith the gallbladder too.

• Posted

How did you get on with update from the doctors? Is your mum still in hospital? What are they doing for her?
    • Posted

She is in hospital which is run by a company called BHEL for its employees for free. They are conducting tests to get more and more clarity. Can an inflamed gallbladder be brought back to normal without operation ? 
    • Posted

Yeah it can be, but likely to keep happening periodically until gallbladder gets removed
  • Posted

The fluid could have been for some type of scan, They may have given her some type of medication to break up or help her pass the stone or it passed on it's own and the medication is either an antibiotic or anti-inflammatory...the Dr report should tell exactly what the findings and treatment were...I would ask the doctor..Hope she is feeling better and has no further problems💟

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.