Gall bladder removal

Posted , 7 users are following.

I got my gall bladder removed 11 days ago. I feel fine except I have a burning pulling pain under my ribcage. I am now wondering if I have strained myself lifting heavy bags or is it not connectef

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tina, I had my gall bladder removed in 1997 and ever since I have experienced the pain under my rib cage too, lifting heavy things is not connected at all, when your gall bladder is removed they do a small incision just under your rib cage, I have been to numerous doctors to find out why I was getting the pain, so I have had a castrotopy and scans but they kept saying there was nothing wrong, but I think thats where your gall bladder use to be, I know the pain is very painful, but if I was you I would see a doctor and tell them about it, I get those pains even to this day and that was almost 20 years ago, I hope you are able to find a way to stop at it :-)
    • Posted

What. about the clips that seal the end after removal there are Three! Did they tell you that they are permanent for life I had my op keyhole in 1992 Until I had a xray recently I didn't even know I was never informed I have had no trouble since op but have had recently under right rib cage. They put down in end to acid reflux Yet again wrong diagnosis as was diverticular desease. colon problem my dirvirticular. IBS on.right When I asked could it be the clips have they moved could that be cause pain they looked at me as if had two heads a.d that I was some sort idiot However I said considering as a Patient have had them inside my body from 1992. to 2015 and didnt even know or told I think ha e a right to ask this question It's ridiculous not to be told what they have done in procedures may affect later on Therefore ask could it be the clips Scenario is have they ever informed you there and permanent for life Why are you still in pain it's rubbish could be just the incision Could be adhesions and the CLIPS!
  • Posted

I still have tgat pain 6 weeks on from my op smile it went away but now come back with a vengeance

• Posted

Lifting heavy bags after only 11 days? You are not supposed to lift anything heavy for atleast 3 weeks.

Take care

Sarah

• Posted

My son's x girlfriend she was told not to drive for 6 weeks or lift anything heavy for 12 werks and she only had keyhole op!!
  • Posted

I had excruciating rib pain 2 days out of surgery and had to go back in as there was a rare bile duct leak which was causing the pain. That revision was 10 days ago. Feeling much better. I've had a tiny bit of dull under rib pain but nothing like before and it may have to do with caffeine and lack of water 😱. I was told no driving for 1 or 2 weeks depending on how I feel. I've driven a couple of times. I was told about 2 weeks to lift up my 10kg 19 month old but I had to a few days ago. No heavy lifting for 4 weeks. Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi Aussie what other pain did you have that made them think there was a problem ? I had my gallbladder taken out on Friday and I am not sure if what I feel are the gas pains that everyone talks about or something else. I even have pain when I talk sometimes and find myself short of breath. I have random pains in different parts of the stomach but mostly in the upper part and on the right side. I worry that something happened to the duct. They have to put a catheter for me to urinate because after the surgery due to the anesthesia I could not pee, ski gaveyo go tomorrow to get it out and I was planing to talk to the Dr about my pains

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.