gall bladder removal

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi,just before xmas 2016 got rushed in to hospital,severe pains in right side of stomach, - gall bladder removed;; keyhole surgery,sent home next day,6 months later im still in pain (but not as bad as before) my stomach very sore,cant bear it being touched,all wounds healed nicely,sore around my belly button area, no sickness tho, no fevers as some mentioned here, any advise, thanks,

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Terry

I would get a referral back to a gastroenterologist and let them have a look at you. You shouldn't still be having pain even if its less than before.

I had my surgery in March and I've been in worse pain ever since, I saw a private gastro you believes I have anterior cutenous nerve entrapment syndrome which makes is all tender under the ribs and pain in my back and shoulder still. I've got an appointment with the pain clinic which if they agree with the diagnosis will give me injections to ease the pain but I'm also having a stomach emptying test as if your stomach is slow with emptying it can also cause pain.

There are other things such as sphincter of oddi dysfunction which my previous gastro thought I might have but the new one doesn't. Or you could have a hernia forming  where the cut was around your belly button.

Does the pain get worse with movement? 

I'm sorry there's no definitive answers but you'll need to get some proper medical advice for that.

Let me know how you get on. Take care

• Posted

hi,thanks for info, i think i will make an appointment to see my local doctor , see what they say, will let you know ,, its just that my stomach is very tender ??, but i manage to keep going with every day life,   thanks, be in touch after visit, 

• Posted

You may also have a hiatus hernia or an ulcer or similar . Many things can mimic gallstone attacks.

Ask for a referral back to the hospital where your surgery was done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.