Gall bladder removal 7/12/16

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had keyhole GB removal 18 days ago... still suffering with nausea and poor appetite... wishing i had not had it removed ... feel worse than before 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that you feel worse than before hopefully you will feel better soon .that's why I'm so glad I didn't go through with my op know I will if I really have to but at the moment I don't

• Posted

Hi Gill, 

It's early days for you yet.  It takes a while to recover from this major surgery.  Please try to take it easy and give yourself some time to heal.  It take some folks longer than others.  

• Posted

Hello gill 21655..

I am about 6 weeks post op. I have had 3 to 4 "attacks" since then, mostly I find when I sneak in some type of red meat or spicy food. Even a bite or two can trigger it. But generally I try my best to stay with bland food. No bread, coffee , soft drinks or sugar. Sorry to say it's a tough life when it comes to eating food. I do highly recommend buying probiotics and a super enzyme product containing ox bile to aid in digestion. With time, some things get better, and some things are worse at times. I did and still have a touch of pancreatitis. And, it will ping me hard with burning, pain in lower intestines and nausea when I refuse to eat right. Remember, your liver and pancreas have taken another load of work since you have no gallbladder. Eating raw veggies, fruit, beets and taking probiotics, daily fiber drink and a spear enzyme before a larger meal seems to make my life go smoother. It takes extreme discipline on my part. Hang in there. Just keep working with your diet. I believe it is a life long venture. 

• Posted

Hi Diane

Thank you for your reply, Very helpful .

I am getting pain also still. under ribs and in back/shoulder just like the original pain. But its early days so trying to keep upbeat.

Good job i like porridge and yogurt ☺

• Posted

Hi Gill,

The important thing to remember is that your gallbladder acted as a storage tank with a valve to empty the right amount of bile into your small intestine during digestion.

After surgery the bile drips constantly into your small intestine, because your gallbladder is missing.  You need to give your body time to heal and find its own level before you start trying enzymes and supplements.  Diane has found what works for her.  But some people's livers release too much bile, as mine does.  I don't need additional bile, probiotics or fiber.  But, I do need to watch my diet and make sure that I don't eat certain types of fats.

Taking ox bile wouldn't work for me (for instance) because I have too much of it already.

So, just take it easy as you're doing and let your body heal for a while! Best of Luck to you!

• Posted

Thanks for that .. I am trying to run before i can walk i guess, like you say it needs to settle and find its own level.. I just didnt expect to still have the same pains.. but i am sure things will settle. better without a diseased gall bladder 😊

• Posted

I do hope I helped.  The problem is that we're sold on "instant."  Take this, your headache will go away.  Buy this and you'll be happy, no the happiest you'll ever be.  

The nerves in your body expressed pain for a long time...sometimes they get "stuck" in a pattern of action and reaction.

Also, most supplements aren't regulated--no one has any idea that they actually contain what the bottle says they do--they can help, but they can also cause sickness and damage.  In most health food stores you won't be able to find an herbalist, or a naturopath. They just want to sell something.

For example, I know of a lady who was experiencing problems with her thyroid.  She went to a health food store, and with a clerk's assistance she got a "thyroid tonic" containing iodine and other ingredients.  She actually had thyroid cancer, which the tonic helped to spread throughout her body. My doctor told me this story.  So, I am always careful.

You're right, you're better off without a diseased organ in your body!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.