gall bladder removal and liver cyst deroofing

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone had two procedures completed together? Was operated by keyhole on 30th April, discharged on 5th May. Still feeling very tender in area just below rib cage to right hand side. Wound where drain was sited still very tender but not infected. Is this normal?? Have been to doctors told I have had two procedures together so will need more time thn if one procedure completed but can not find anyone had two procedures together to compare. Can anyone help??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had a gallbladder removal and surgery on my bile ducts in 2008. My liver ducts we're completely filled with sludge so I was under the knife for four hours. I know it's not quite the same as you, but I had the drain also. I was really in shock by how much pain and discomfort I felt post op and it took three - four weeks to be completely mobile without discomfort. I remember not doing any strenuous activities and even laughing was painful for a few weeks after - the rib tenderness lasted even longer rolleyes But it did pass and then I felt completely normal again. Now I all I struggle with is my food intolerances, my bowels are problematic and oily or spicy foods cause severe pain and diarreah! 
    • Posted

Thanks for reply. Since op I am working out what upsets me. So far chocolate and anything with a lot of cheese. Small amount of cheese i.e. sprinkle but a cheese sandwich or cheese and crakers is a no no. Trial and error I suppose. Just been to docs today and have been go ahead to return to work on phased return . Liver is still tender so blood tests have been taken to check liver function as a precaution. But doctor said there is still a lot of internal healing to be done. Just wish consultant had warned me of what to expect!
    • Posted

Hi I know your operation was two years just wondering how u are getting on as I have just had the same operation as gall bladder removed plus 2 very large liver cysts at the same time any information would great to speed recovery

Regards alison x

• Posted

Alison Hi sorry to interject but i seen your question to Sandra who had similar operation 2 years ago. I had 2 large cysts removed and my liver resectioned and my gall bladder removed during same operation. 3 months now since op but feeling much better no complications as far as i know. Lost some wieght half a stone but stabilised now playing badminton and go swimming every week. Hope you get better soon Stephen
    • Posted

I know your operation was a while ago but would you mind letting me know how you are doing. I am having same surgery next week . Thanks 
    • Posted

Hi strphen

i am having same surgery soon. Can you tell me how you feel now

• Posted

Hi Alison

i know your surgery was a year ago but could u tell me how u r doing. Having the same surgery soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.