Gall Bladder Severe Pain Issues - 2 Years After Surgery! Help!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Had gall bladder removed 2 years ago in March - non-stones type issues.  I stick faithfully to a VERY LOW fat diet, yet still experience terrible pain after eating ANYTHING - stomach, then into intestinal pain, terrible gas, bloating. Does anyone else in my situation have this and if so, what did you do?  Pain had radiated towards liver but just recently had extensive bloodwork and liver ultrasound - found only from bloodwork am very deficiant in D3 which I now am taking. The stomach and intestinal pain and gas are literally getting dehibiltating.  Thanks for any help and for your time.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Had an ERCP to clear my blocked CBD + a necrotic GB removed via open chole 19 months back.  Looks like i'm doing very well except that i'm also bothered by this dull pain and spasm that i experienced daily - it's not an intense pain though and mostly lasts few minutes.  I can do heavy tasks but it seems it's not from these activities. been observing it happens when i'm hungry but also feels the pain at other times.  also had those light sleep nights but got over them now.  Had mentioned it to my doc and other MDs but they say the same thing - "no worries you'll be fine, you have not completely healed inside".  My wife had also her GB removed via open surgery 5+ yrs back but she did not experience these pains i'm having.  i haven't gone for a post-surgery US or mri test but thinking of doing it in the next months. I can handle the pain but it's terribly annoying - do't know if it's trauma effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.