Gall bladder surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my gall bladder removed for a month now and the pain still persists under the navel area to the bladder and right side of the navel to the groin. experiencing frequent urination but no bladder infection after the test of my urine was negative. what is going on with this

Pain I have. When I touch the area it is sensitive and when walking I feel slight pain. If am not moving I don't feel any pain.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Charito,

?Everyone heals at a different rate from Gallbladder depending on how bad things were.  I took pain meds well into my third week after surgery.  Don't forget you have a sore where the gallbladder used to be, and it takes time to heal.

?I know you were tested for a Urinary Tract Infection UTI, but you may consider being tested again if the symptoms persist.  Sometimes a patient can get a kidney infection along with a bad gallbladder, and the symptoms are similiar to a bladder infection.  I assume you are drinking a lot of water, juice and other fluids, which will help flush out any impurities.  However, too much liquid can make one feel like they have a UTI.  ?If you are still experiencing pain from your surgery and feel like you have a UTI, then call your doctor.  If anything, to give you peace of mind. 

?Usually by the end of the 5th week most patients are feeling pretty much back to normal.  Although, it takes at least a year to completely heal inside.  Take care.

• Posted

Thank you Margaret! My bladder discomforts have now improved and back to normal. The pain is improving each day. I feel more at ease now knowing there are people like you who are willing to share a piece of their minds to someone like me who is in distress. I am thankful I joined this group.
  • Posted

Hi, I agree with margaret, it really does take time to heal as we all heal at different rates. I'm 8 weeks post op and I know from here others too  and they're still having pains so even though some people seem to get back on their feet really quickly and you're not don't worry. It does heal quicker on the outside to the inside though which is why it takes so long to get back to normal and don't forget you've had major surgery and you body has to learn to cope without.

Remember though if the pains are getting worse or you are having other symptoms then don't hesitate to go back to your doctor. They say that you should feel better day after day even if its a small amount.

Let me know how you get on. x

• Posted

Thanks Katherine for making me

Feel better. Hearing from someone like and giving good advices and relevant informations are so uplifting. my diarrhea was gone after a month. Time really heals! My soreness around the navel area is improving each day . Thank you for taking the time to read my concerns and I do appreciate your help ease my worries. You are more comforting than my doctor.

• Posted

I'm glad I've helped.

I joined this site last October and I've found it invaluable to speak to others in the same and similar situations to me. I'm not alone anymore as its a problem shared on here and people who understand.

Take care and keep us updated. xx

• Posted

Hello Charlotte

i had pain by my navel, rib cage and felt totally unwell also feeling hot and cold not eating.  Went to doctors and ended up back in hospital where I stayed for 9 days and this was very recent has had my gall bladder removed 5 weeks ago.

Trying hard not going to worry but it turned out after two scans I had an abscess where my gall bladder was, course of Iv and oral antibiotics and loads better.  This can occur in 2 to 5% of patients and all I can say I was one of the unlucky ones.

please get it checked out, I can't thank docs enough and it was a blood test that showed up that I had a problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.