Gall Bladder surgery was unnecessary

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone else ever  rid themselves of  gall stones.  I had seen mine on the tv moniter during the sonogram a month before surgery.  After the surgery the doctor told me I had no gall stones and he handed me an empty container and said that was in your gall bladder, it was a tiny piece of pepper flake the size of a tiny grain of pepper.  Virtually did not need the surgery.  I had taken beet juice everyday, one glass and celery root juice from health food store and been on mostly raw diet, no meat.  I had been sick and never thought to get a second ultra sound the day before or the day of surgery.  At post op the doctor just ignored me when I asked what happen to the gallstones???   He just ansered me with that was all that was in there. I am so sorry I did agree to surgery. All the doctor had to say was well they do fluctuate.  He did not mention that before surgery.  I am living proof the stones can go completely away with diet. If you choose surgery, demand an ultrasound the day of or at least a few days before the actual removal. Just curious has anyone else resolved their stones with diet??

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

is it possible to start to demand things a few days before operation?  once stones have been there there is a good chance that they will come back and also that the gallbladder could be diseased. i mean its hard enough to get decent pain relief never mind demanding ultra sounds. there are many people with gallstones who never have any bother with them and they were only found because they got a scan for something else.were you in a lot of pain, or did you get told you had gallstones and just decide to get the gallbladder out without waiting to see how you would be affected in the future. i was told i had one gallstone and told the doctor i would wait and see how things were going to be in the future. it wasnt long before i was back into the doc to say i want my gallbladder out as i suffer the most terrible symptoms that i have not see on any site that talks about gall stones. except i see it all here from other people experience. i find it very difficult to take vegetable and i only found that out by  making veg soup the fibre was far to difficult to digest. i'v always had a good diet. a juicer. which i cant use at the moment. because of digestion.  whole wheat everything bread wheat pasta. now i cant eat those foods as to hard to digest. i am now eating white bread. grilled fish fingers. poridge. and all the food i would consider rubbish before. except the porrige. before it was oatmeal but to hard to diges so had to take porrige. i go today for my operation and it cant come soon enough. i know im doing the right thing because i waited to see how i would be affected after the gallsone was found it was one stone 24mm. a big one, and iv been almost bedridden with pain and now a hernia. so im not really sure what to say to you. except all the best and thanks for sharing your experience. 
    • Posted

Cheeky,  good luck for today.  Thinking of you lots.  Come back on here and let us know how you are when you are up to it. 
    • Posted

Hi, Cheeky87, Hope your surgery went well.  Pleas treat yourself gently and remember that all of us care very much about how you do!  Please let us know how it went when you can!  
  • Posted

redredwine,

I concur with all that Cheeky says.  It sounds like you've past them without realising.  Thankfully without any complications which can be dreadful.  All my research shows that once you've had gallstones, they can come again.  Also the issue can be once the gallbladder becomes infected, then the issues really start.  I think it is safe to say that everyone is different.  So, what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for another. 

• Posted

For sure what works for one does not work for others as we are all individuals. I am only speaking of stones, and I am not a doctor.    So many people do have worse problems after removal so just try to keep it in there if you can,   I have read it can be in the family too.  I do not know if that is true all I know is I had a lot of stones in various sizes and I got rid of them before surgery.  The doctor decided to take the gall bladder because he thought I was full of stones and he had to get the insurance to approve it with the diagnosis of stones.  Although, it has always been my experience that because of insurance you really have to push doctors to do certain things.  You have to be demanding in a very pleasant way, you can do it nicely. I have had very bad luck with doctors but even the nicest doctors I have to refresh  their memory who I am, what is wrong,  what I need, and yes what I have researched and many times the doctor will say I will check that out and get back with you.  I have found medicine the doctor was unaware of, I have discovered many things an older doctor did not know existed you have to be proactive about your illness because doctors don't keep up on every single thing  and they won't inform you if there is a trial going on anywhere because it would be not in their interest to not treat you.  You know second opinions are a good thing,  used to be years ago insurance asked for them. Doctors are over worked and stressed just like the rest of us .  They are human..  and if they are a good doctor they understand your asking for another sonogram to see you still have stones.  I am only talking about stones because I am not a doctor and don't know about disease.
    • Posted

In this country (UK) they don't seem to do any research into why gallstones form in the first place.  I ended up with massive gallstones and a really badly infected gallbladder.  I had to have my out as it was put to me that if I hadn't I would've died then I nearly died in the surgery.  Then I had issues after and had to have a second operation.  My issues weren't caught until really late.  20 years ago I was told it was IBS and just to get on with it.  You are not wrong about good Doctors.  I've been very fortunate having a brilliant GP and a fantastic Consultant.  But that was after not having such luck for a good few years.  I think it's about going with how you feel.  If you know something isn't right in yourself then you have to keep on at the professionals until you are heard.  My understanding and the point I was originally wanting to make is that the stones can pass, they can form more and then start aggreviating the gallbladder and then that is when the problems really start. 
  • Posted

I've been on a less than 3% fat diet for 6 months on the advice of consultant. My consultant told me that when a gallbladder makes stones it is likely diseased. I've read that a very low fat diet can actually grow stones! Consultant said there is no cure if you've suffered cholecystitis. Only removal. He said no fancy diets work or lasers or tablets.
  • Posted

Gallstones are believed by the medical establishment to be formed inside the gallbladder: not the liver. They are thought to be few in number, instead of hundreds. Supposedly, gallstones are not linked to pains other than gallbladder attacks. Orthodox doctors believe these things, because whenever patients have acute gallbladder pain, some of the stones have already moved inside the gallbladder, and they are big enough, and sufficiently calcified enough to view with X-rays. The stones inside the liver are rarely noticed. It is where gallstones actually originate.

Whenever the gallbladder is surgically removed, the acute gallbladder attacks disappear, but the bursitis, other miscellaneous pains, and digestive problems remain. Those who have had surgical removal of their gallbladders frequently continue to get bile-coated stones elsewhere that are identical to the supposed gallstones described by medical literature. Doctors virtually never mention this to patients, and promote the surgeries as a permanent cure.

For the sake of long-term health, gallbladder surgery should be avoided, if at all possible. Therefore, it is unwise to go to a hospital for gallbladder issues, unless the problem becomes truly unbearable. We offer a pain relief solution that helps substantially. However, we do realize that there are occasional cases, which require emergency intervention. In the worst cases, a person could use the remedy cited below before leaving for the hospital, or consume it during transit; and hopefully the problem will be resolved by the time that the person arrives.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.