gall bladder symptoms??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Its me again with a different issue, I am awaiting a endoscopy as covered in another discussion by me but been to the docs this morning and they said I may have gall bladder problems due to some blood results, can anyone tell me if my symptoms are this as I look and i am not sure and would I still need a endoscopy.Ok my syptoms, I seem to have loads, lots of gas, gurling tummy, burping after food or drink, pain in upper middle tummy just below the sterham, also pain in upper left not right and also in left shoulder and shoulder blade, very bloated , any help thanks? x

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like gall stones to me love, but if you do need a endoscopy don't worry as it was so simple and they give you melds to make you sleep. Watch what you eat not too much. Fat that's what they told me anyway. Hope you feel well soon xx
  • Posted

Your symptoms are similar to a person who has gallstones. But the essential test is echo-graphy from your gallbladder, by that you can see the stones and their size as well. The other preliminary test is blood test that shows whether you have infection in your blood or not, if there is an infection it's not a good and you need to remove it immediately otherwise if you have some stones without infection you should remove them but still you have time (it depends to size and the number of stones).

I forgot to say that the pain related to gallbladder usually is on the right shoulder and its attack is similar to heart attack, when it's intense.

• Posted

Hello.  I concur with the other posters.  The pain you describe on your left may be you stomach.  Sometimes that can be affected by gallbladder issues.  Basically is sounds like they are checking all things for you.  Good luck.
  • Posted

The gall bladder tends to be on the right side so perhaps its something else. The only way to detect gall stones is by ultrasound scan. I had the endoscopy first which was very uncomfortable. I did not have the sedation. Nothing was found yet Id been treated for years for gerd. My pain is mostly in the middle and slightly to the right just below my breast bone.I also have gas but not all the time.

I now think that years of taking omeprazole for the supposed gerd has contributed to my gall stone problems.I suppose its possible to have both but since stopping the omeprazole,I dont miss it at all as it never made any difference.

I hope you get some relief soon.

• Posted

Not sure what this is. When I had gallstones the pain was on the right, but apparently it can be almost anywhere.

You can choose to be sedated for endoscopy but only if you are going to have someone with you for 24 hours afterwards.

Hope this helps.

Sarah

• Posted

Yes! Those are the main symptoms of gallstones. I have gallstones, and I burp and have tons of gas! I experience everyday nausea, too. Upper stomach pain, and sometimes right sided pain, along with upper back pain. My stomach gurgles a lot, too, but I'm unsure of how that relates to gallstones, but a lot of people I know have it. Sorry to hear! Gallbladder issues are no fun! Best of luck! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.