Gall duct surgery after gall bladder surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am from Kenya.

I underwent a gall bladder surgery on 9th January then I had bile drainage. I went through another surgery to wash out the bile. The in February 2nd I went through a gall duct surgery to correct the duct.

I have been out of hospital a month now and still feeling weak, stomach aches, face rashes and others. What should I do and what is the best diet to help me heal fast.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Kate kelly

hi Kate .sorry nobody has replied to you yet.

did you have your surgery in Kenya or in the UK ?

well all I can say is that you’ve been through a lot of invasive surgery their Kate !

and ide say your doing damn well !!

i think it takes a long long time for your insides to recover from this amount of surgery Kate especially the bile duct surgery!!

i had mine out 6 months ago ,I was very very ill for 3 years with mine Kate and I ended up having private emergency surgery here in London as the nhs let me down badly.

mine was gangrene and full of puss and adhesions and I had a 2.3 cm stone stuck lodged in my gallbladder neck the cystic duct,which had been their for the whole time .

i still continue to have upper right stabbing pain under my right ribs most hours of the day.

i still feel sick often.

i still get back pains when standing for ten mins I still have dark urine I still have pale stools I still have going to the toilet issues and I still feel very tired very easily and weak most of the time .

but  just the last two weeks it feels as though I may be starting to turn a corner , hopefully?

so I think it takes a lot of time Kate !!

foidwise I’ve pretty much ate what I want without too much trouble , just cannot eat the amount I used to no way lol.

i think make your own smoothies daily and add organic wheatgrass and chia seeds with a plant based protein powder added helps a lot !!

i hope this helps and I wish you well.

• Posted

Hi Mrsoscared  I have had couple of stones removed from my bile duct 10 days ago they cut it also to make it wider ? for any other stones that may becoming although none in my gall bladder at the moment .Since having it done I've had been in hospital on an emergency admission due to cholangites and painful spasms in my pancreas. Anyway also since then had pain at the bottom of my stomach cramp like and very watery stools lots of gas with it also not nice running to loo every 10 mins , I am warn out especially being in the emergency ward very busy and noisy NHS .do you think it may be caused by the bile trickling down now ? also what protein plant based powder do you use for your smoothies please I have lost so much weight and I am not a meat water . Thank you 😊 

• Posted

Barbara

hi the protein powder I use is by vega , I buy it from Holland and Barrett it’s £29 a pop but if you watch for their promo days about every 3 months you can get it for buy one get one free making it £14.50 a tub I by 4 at a time and it lasts me 4 months so it works out at about £3.60 pence a week..

as for your other issues, I feel I’m not the person to comment on that to be honest, as it’s very complicated. and beyond my knowledge Barbara.

but I think you should contact another member here who is extremely knowledgeable and an advocate in my opinion and her name is Lynda.

she may well be able to assist you on that one.

bless you and stay strong.

• Posted

Have you spoken to your gastro E S about Ursodioxycholic acid & how it increases the bile acids and dissolves types of stones?  I would have thought the best diet is one that includes plenty of veg with the right amount of

carbohydate and sufficient meat for a ballanced diet that keeps the weight stable.    Enough exercise is essential to keep the machine supple because too less exercise seizes the body and is not advised for anyone.

I was having a disscusion with an athletic 37 year old male who runs to keep healthy and quite slim.

He was amazed that I lifted 15 x 55 lb containers and were lugging them about for well over an hour.

I told him I'm used to hard graft but at 77 I now know I've 'done it' and will feel it even more tonight when I'm watching the telly.........

I told him about a friend of mine who had just passed away at 90 years old.  He was very fond of cigarettes every half hour and plenty of ale and wiskey to wash the ale down (not the other way round).

He also worked hard doing gardening till he was over 80 and I'm pretty sure his diet was not the best to say the least because his wife was no more 20 years before he finally went. It was his heart that finally gave up but it just goes to show how tough some folks are and confirm that all the 'good' advice from the nutritionists matters not one jot to some individuals!   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.