Gall stones and kidney problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

Is it at all possible for a gall stone to move down into the kidney and get stuck and cause continuous kidney pain?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I agree with fernando here. If the stone is in the kidney it is a kidney stone not a gallstone.

You need to see a GP and ask them to refer you to a urologist.

Good luck with all this.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

i thought not too, but somone I know has gall stones and constant pain in kidne
    • Posted

I had gallstones as well as kidney stones.

Apparently gallstones can cause pain in lots of different places.

The pain with my gallstones was similar to the pain of kidney stones except kidney stone pain was more towards the back.and worse than gallstones pain.

Sarah

• Posted

Kidney stones form in the kidney not in the gall bladder. I was told by a urologist that infection in the waterworks can cause calculi to form in any part of the urinary system..... You should be consulting with your doctors on your problems as most on here are not able to give medical advice.
    • Posted

I agree.

This is exactly what happened to me last year.

Several UTIs ended up with calculi stone in my kidney.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.