gall stones, or ucler or something else

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys I have just had blood tests for my liver at the dr, they came back all in the normal range, apart from the ALT which was 5 points high, I have a grip or a niggle under my right chest, its not painful just annoying, lots of belching and i did have a bit of nasea for a few days. This happened after drinking thou the right sided tenderness was there, So I have cut out all wine and beer etc.and have been eating low fat, apart from the yoyghurt which was 7 percent which i put in my smoothies each day.  I was wondering, can this be gall bladder or stomach ive had it on and off for ten years and never had a pain attack like i see others have on here. I have felt like this on and off this week. but i do feel better after i eta and when i do eat there is no onset of symptons

thank you in advance

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Also at the time last week I ate pizza and fries. .

A week later I am still a bit sore. I ate toast with tomatoes today. A small chicken breast baked with a spud and butternut. For tea with cooking spray. Then I had 2 scrambled eggs as a snack and lemon water through out the day. I had my codine pills and now feel OK. I've been like this for 10 yes on end off. Any ideas can you stress yr gall bladder or stomach

• Posted

Ok Im 58. 2 probs i have and had.gall bladder an what they call acid reflex/gurd. when i had bad gall bladder i nauseated everyday. cld only eat ice cream.no greasy stuff had right sided pain.a note codeine will mess ur stomach up bad./after effects.where is your pain at? gallbladder -liver is on right.ok now i had outpatient for upper GI.shows ur stomach all of it. please get one.when i drink coffee it hurts comes up.to my throat.greasy food barbque I mean gas hides usally in upper back front.is this pain nausea.bad. Id really like to hear more.and help you.my daughter is a nurse in pittsburgh.-please explain in detail where and what is hurting.gall bladder is bad to have. you are sick most all the time.does ur right side hurt.or pit of stomach?
    • Posted

hi i have had this on and off for ten years, last time was about 4 yrs ago when i drank too much whiskey. LATELY i have been eating bad fried foods and drinking win, i noticed under my right chest was a bit tender on monday. On tuesday i had nausea, and took a pill for that metamide that helped it, and then just the pressure under my right chest, burping and a stomach that feels like a pit.. I have cut out all the fat i can from my diet, only feta 3 percent fat cheese, and been having smoothies with fruit and veges rosted with cooking spray the food makes me feel better so i am wondering if its just an ucler or i have stressed my gall bladder, its starting to get better each day
  • Posted

Aaron that little pain if you say nip or giggle is gas.i have this. near my upper chest bt heart. I DO WANT TO HELP.
  • Posted

Not sure. If you have not got a lot of pain I think it is probably not gallstones.

Some peope can have gallstones without having any symptoms, so this may be the case the you.

Sarah

• Posted

The Dr said it could be it's like a pressing discomfort under right chest but never had a full attack I've drastically changed my diet but don't eat during the day bad habit I'm changing that as well. I was wondering if you can stress yr gall bladder from a week of indulgence wouldn't that normally just give an attack I've had a few bouts of nausea this week and did throw up acid once
    • Posted

Sounds more like acid reflux to me. Try Omeprazole.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

If it does not resolve with antacids, which indigestion would and this still bothers you, revisit yr doctor and ask for a referal to see a consultant. If they suspect gallstones or low functioning gallbladder etc, they can give you an ultrasound scan or other tests. If an ulcer or gastritis was suspected, you may be given a gastroscopy. Other things may be investigated with a CT scan.They usually suggest you wait and see for a couple of weeks first though as many things will resolve without intervention and liver function may settle if you avoid alcohol and rich foods/ some medicines for a while. If severity increases then do call the Dr, of course.
    • Posted

Thank you. I've felt like this a few times before and it has resolved it's self I'm hoping that is the case with long term diet change Its like when I eat I can feel it hurt a bit in the right. And I gave up too many sodas and also have been having a lot ogmf smoothies I am happy to wait another week and see if i come right
    • Posted

Thanks after eating a bit too much yesterday I am fine today so far still know the feeling something is there but no uncomfortable feeling or pressure. I'm hoping I can control with diet as I don't like tests and hospitals. I will look up gastritis thanks
    • Posted

If it does come back though, don't leave it too long to get back to the doc, as if it was gallstones, it can be a long process waiting to get treated unless complications occur. Take care wink

• Posted

Hi thanks yes I was told 4 months for a scan or about 250$. If it was pancreas I'd be in horrible pain aye. Soon as I eat I burp

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.