gallbadder issues.....

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just turned 16 and for the last 6-8 months ive had pain on my right side right under my rib cage and recently its gotten so bad where I can only eat fruit/vegetables or bread without some sort of discomfort. over the last month ive also noticed my tongue has started to turn a yellow Color. im trying to get to the doctor ASAP because I have a long and extensive family history of gallbadder issues to the point where on my dads side my grandparents and 3 great-grandparents as well as 4 aunts and 2 uncles have had there gallbadder removed or it needs to be. im very worried about what you can and cant eat after surgery and how the find out whats wrong with you cause I have a fear of needles and hospitals. Any advice would be well appreciated. thanks!😘

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

If you have started turning yellow this could be jaundice. Look ast the colour or your eyes and see if they are yellow.

If so you need to be seen sooner rather than later.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Taylor, Have you talked to your Doctor about this as that would be the best place to start so it does not get worse. everyone is different. So make sure you keep that in mind when you hear what other people are going through or have been through. i wish you the best of luck please let us know how you are doing. Terry 
  • Posted

I'm in the ER at the moment just got a CAT scan..

• Posted

Good luck.. Hopefully they do an ultrasound if they think gallbladder. US can catch things a CAT scan didn't and vice versa. The ER unfortunately will most likely send you home, but ask your doctor for an US, and if that's negative ask for a HIDA scan or a referral to a gastrointestinal doctor who should know more about digestive issues.

• Posted

Hi Taylor, 

Make sure they do not just send you home till they find out is wrong with you. When I was there they did so many tests they thought I was having a heart attack and admitted me it was not till the third day in the hospital that a surgeopn came in and said He was taking out my GB. So if they try to sen you home tell them you want to see a gastrontestinal appt for asap. Make sure you tell them there is a history of this in your family. Good Luck.

• Posted

if you guys want some sort of update on this. I went to the ER Monday night with severe abdominal pain. it was a horrible night to go to the ER cause it was snowing so bad a drive that would normally take 15 minutes took almost half an hour. when I got there they immediately put me on fluids and drew a few viles of blood to send off to the lab, then they asked for a urain sample. I was there from about 1:30-5:45. All of my blood work came back normal as well as the urain sample. that night I had a CAT scan which annoyingly came back as normal, so they gave me the option to go home and sleep (seeing the fact I was up all night) or stay in the ER till 8-9 o'clock when the ultrasound technician would come in. (they didnt call her in Durring the night because of the really bad snow storm cause she lived across the lake).I opted to go home and sleep in my bed. i had an ultrasound about 6 pm that day and everything looked normal. My doctor said she wanted me to get an HIDA scan. So this upcoming Wednesday ill go in for a scan around 8am and ill meet with a surgeon later that day to discuss the results. im slightly annoyed and feeling quiet discouraged about the whole thing cause I know im in pain and something is wrong but they cant seem to find anything.

• Posted

Hi Taylor,

That is awful when you are in that much pain to be driving. I know you wanted to sleep in your own bed like I was. But there are so many tests they took on me and it was not till the third day that a surgeon came in and told me he was going to come in the next morning to take out my GB. They did an MRI and a cat scan and ultra sund and also had me lie on a table still for a long time and not move so they could take pictures. they did so many tests i do not remember them all but i knew there was something wrong with me. If you have a kidney stone that is trying to pass that is alot of pain till it is gone but make sure you do not leave them till they find out what the pain is. It may take awhile but will be worth it when they get you better. Good Luck. I hope your next message is better. 

• Posted

Sorry to hear all of this Taylor! It wasn't until I had a HIDA scan that they found anything. As much as I don't want you to have anything wrong with you, I do hope they find something so you can feel better!

• Posted

It's about time to make an update for this, I had an HIDA scan on Wednesday Jan 11, 2017, and the surgeon said my gallbladder had stopped working completely and My surgeon said I should have surgey as soon as possible so he and my mother scheduled on Friday January 13th for the surgey. I had the surgery and It knocked me off My feet pretty well, i was puking non stop and well "backed up". but im feeling better except for a few things, sometimes I get really really bad pain in my chest and stomach it feels like my ribs are being crushed or being pushed in, its a horrible pain it makes me not want to move.... is this normal?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.