gallbladder?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

i started out months ago with a slight discomfort in my right hand side, if i put my thumb around my back of my side, and my fingers around front, it felt like it was coming from where my middle finger was positioned and sometimes i’d wake up with a slight dullness around my back where right kidney was, that would disappear fairly fast in the morning.

Those pains got less, but now i find it hard to wear a bra, the underwire presses where on diagrams it looks like my gallbladder is, and this spot can feel tender to touch at times, and my whole upper abdomen feels bloated, and when i wear a bra or anything tight, i also get radiating pain beside my right shoulder blade.

I don’t get any severe pain after eating, i’m not doubled up, just uncomfortable, i do feel more uncomfortable as the day goes on but not what i see usually for gallbladder.

Has anyone else felt like this? or am i barking up the wrong tree?

thanks 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

if you are feeling bloated peppermint flavour tea will help and a warm bath or a beany that you put into the microwave put that on you tummy that will help massively 
  • Posted

thanks for the replies, i’ve been to the doctor and had blood tests etc, and she just thinks it’s IBS, but i can’t see how this is, it’s tender in one spot i can actually pin point which is exactly where the gallbladder is. It’s so frustrating.
    • Posted

Did you have an ultrasound of your gallbladder and a HIDA scan to rule out gallbladder problems?  If these tests have been done and and it has shown up normal, your gallbladder can be ruled out.

Does your pain move about your abdomen and do you get change of bowel habits along with the bloating?  These would be typical IBS symptoms.

However, some people with gastritis experience shoulder blade pain, pain on their right side where their ribs are, and bloating.  If unsure about your doctor’s diagnosis, go back to your doctor for more tests or see someone else.

• Posted

dont stress to much as it will flare up the ibs and drink plenty of peppermint tea and fennel brillant drinks ever and helps you to relax as well 
  • Posted

I haven’t had a hida or ultrasound yet. I am taking peppermint tea, and i started a probiotic last week. It seems to have exasperated my symptoms, especially after eating. It’s a lot better today, but it seems to come and go.  Could IBS really be so bad? and does it cause pain under ribs. I’m full of wind too.
    • Posted

Some people do get pain under their ribs with IBS.  The pain moves about and can be severe.  It can also be felt like a stitch like pain in your sides, it can come and go or be constant.  Gas is very common.
  • Posted

it’s quite strange, but i started taking apple cider vinegar with apple juice twice a day, along with a probiotic, and i have to say that the actual tenderness i was feeling in the upper centre of my abdomen, but more to the right is a mostly gone, but every time after i eat, i still feel this under right rib discomfort, near my side, and am full of wind, the discomfort dissipates after getting rid of the wind. I wonder is any of this more like ibs or gallbladder? 
    • Posted

You will need to see your doctor for an ultrasound and/or HIDA scan to see if your gallbladder is to blame.  This will need to be ruled out before IBS can be considered.  Maye try a food diary tp see what foods upset your stomach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.