gallbladder

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 4 weeks post gallbladder surgery, feeling amazing , first 2 weeks I was sore but walking and back to doing my usual routine, only problem I have is 1 of scars doesnt seem to be healing good like the rest of them, its the 1 at top of stomach, its really red itchy and sore, came out of shower earlier and noticed some sort of green stuff coming out (sorry for to much Information) I never got no leaflets or told how to keep clean etc when I gotdischarged, just got toldto take dressings off next day once I showered, has anyone else had this problem or should I pay my doctor a visit? Thanks x

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's sounds like pus, best get it checked out by GP to be on safe side.
  • Posted

I would go and see your Dr in case you have an infection.

My belly button cut has taken the longest to settle down but all ok now almost 5 weeks since op. Like you I wasn't given any advice in hospital but I popped into my Dr's and the nurse there gave me fresh dressings and steri strips. Kept it covered for a week as clothing was irritating the scars.

Happened to me years ago after an op and the wound blew up like a football, what came out when they cut me open again wasn't nice.

• Posted

Yes, I'd definitely get it checked out with your GP.
  • Posted

Thanks ill make appointment first thing in morning, thats the only scar that is taken the longest, other 3 have healed really good, I got told to take dressings off day after but I left them on for a week, its really uncomfy and itchy and sore so defo docs in morning, thank u for replys xx
    • Posted

Pop in A&e if not able to get an appointment at doctors.
  • Posted

don't mean to scare you Tammy, but you need to go to doctor asap, if the cut is oozing and especially green it is infected and you need antibiotics straight away, the nurses came afew times to check on me as I had the GB out now 5 weeks ago, the cuts have healed but I still have bad bloating and some colic pain on and off but I have ibs as well, home it goes well, take care Stella
  • Posted

Thanks everyone ill phone doctors at 8 tomorrow morning, i only noticed the stuff coming out the once after my shower, ill defo go get checked in morning x
  • Posted

Tammi you need to see your doctor. Something is wrong and you might need some meds to help.  Please see you doctor.
  • Posted

Hi I got a course of antibiotics its starting to look better smile x
  • Posted

Oh, that's great to hear, tammi31.  So pleased.  Thank you for letting us know.
  • Posted

Tammi how are you doing after being on the medicine?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.