gallbladder

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi im 11 days post op from having my gallblader removed, ive felt so good, i've been eatting a good diet, but today i've got really bad diarrhea and my stomch has felt bloated for the last to days is this something to do with the operation or could it just be a bug ive caught

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was warned that I would probably get diarrhea after the op. Your body needs to adjust to not having a gallbladder, hopefully over the next few weeks things will calm down for you. If not ask your GP for something to help with it. Looking at the positive, it's great to be pain free - just take things easy x
  • Posted

Hi Julie probably to

Do with the operation. Stick to low fat diet for now and see does it settle itself. You can expect diarrhea for the first few weeks. This is normal and should go away itself. If it gets worse try caltrate calcium 600 d half a tablet 3 times a day with food. The calcium soaks up the bile that causes the diarrhea. It may be just a one off so don't panic just yet. Keep us posted. Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.