Gallbladder

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,like ask you guys,I have gallbladder problems,pain in right side under ribs,pain in right sholder all the time,bloating,constipation,face yellow skin...

terrible bloating after eating a fruits, or any kind of sweet,like honey,after any food bloating,never eat junk food,I am 40 years old,plus I have Diverticulitis ;0)

the question is,if I will get removal of gallbadder,bloating will go away and constipation,do I be able to eat fruits again ??? o bad gallbladder  nothing have to do with fruits,bloading ....

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

you say you have diverticulitis that makes it more complicated as you will still be left with the symptoms caused by that..

it seems that after removal of the gallbladder some are left with diahreah while others constipation and some are normal.. 

no surgeon can tell you how your body will adjust .. 

But a rotten gallbladder is dangerous jaundice is life threatening so go to the doctor if your skin is yellowing ...

the colic attacks and gnawing pain should totally stop after removal ..

and the shoulder pain.. 

I am 2 years post op... I am pain free, can eat fruit etc without bloating ..but I can't digest bread ... I bloat ..I don't seem to produce enough bile .. So I struggle to digest fatty foods etc ..

i had a gnawing ache very mild after fatty food  for 18 months post op I guess healing that has gone now ..

hope that helps 

• Posted

hello i had my gallbladder removed 16th novemeber last year and i am still bloated, and also constipated i cant eat half of the food i could before i had it removed, i am constantly in pain and got to go for another scan on thursday to why this is 
    • Posted

Hi Laura, I'm dealing with this as well. Did you have stones or did they rule it as biliary dyskinesia?
  • Posted

If you have yellow skin and yellow eyes you may have jaundice , whatever is causing the jaundice can get serious very quickly . Given its a bank holiday (if you are in the uk ) then I would go to A & E today if I were you . 
  • Posted

After gallbladder surgery you will find many foods you abso .cant eat mine is lettuce. anything chilled. can eat cabbage. now but when you eat. fruit. if its chilled .you may or not beable to eat it. youll find out for sure after. oh and chocolate candy noo way i get so sick. we all have foods we cant eat. ice creamso cant say you will be able to eat. fruits every body is different . just hope you can.I still get constipated. seems every1 i talk to that has gallbladder out has acid reflex good luck .get that GB out.i had right side pain nausea so bad had to take a bag every where.it was sheer Heck.
    • Posted

Even now i can't eat chilled food or water

I forget already how taste ice cream or candys ;0))

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.