gallbladder

Posted , 6 users are following.

had my gallbladder removed on may 20th had bile bag for ten days then had to have stent fitted in bile duct have had terrible gas and gurgling since running to toilet three or four times a daygetting really fed up now supposed to be going on holiday in three weeks dreading it because of bowel problems anyone any advice please 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

As in my post I have had this for nearly 3 years, going to go back doctors this week to see if I can get the medication some people on here are on, it's called cholestyramine, what I did when I went on holiday was take diarea medication every other day and I found that worked for me and holiday wasn't spoiled

• Posted

I'm having the opposite problem. I'm on Day 3 after gallbladder surgery and have not had a bowel movement yet. Also haven't been eating too much so that may be part of the problem. I've been having mostly soup and crackers. I added some turkey breast yesterday, but still nothing. Have a lot of gas pain and just soreness, nothing terrible. Had a terrible night sleeping last night; kept getting up every two hrs. I'm having a hard time sleeping on my back.

• Posted

Laurie I take extra strength gas x and it relieves the gas
  • Posted

Hi, Linda, you might have BAM, bile acid malabsorption.  There is a great group on this site that can offer you some help!  But, I take cholestyramine in juice at bed time for this.  I also use immodium from time to time.  Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.