Gallbladder

Posted , 9 users are following.

Getting gallbladder out on tuesday so many different stories on recovery. I am on my feet for eight hours a day do you think three weeks is a more realistic recovery time. Also how much pain can I expect coming round from op. I've read so many threads on here all very interesting. Thanks in advance xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Carol had mine out 5 weeks ago . My only problem after was tiredness. I had no pain to talk about after just soreness which is to be expected after an operation. I feel quite back to normal now. Only problem is i'm eating too much. Easy to say but i'm sure you will be fine. I don't think you should be lifting anything for about 6 weeks . i think you are right to have 3 weeks off if your job involves being on your feet all day. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.