Gallbladder

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies, 

Some one told me you can also get gallbladder pain without even having gallstones, just wondering if anyone has had this issue. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes its common in Peri and menopause.. also seen people comment who have the same pain who have already had there gall bladder removed.  I had it for about 3 months and it was really sore right side under ribs... did settle down by itself but it does flare up from time to time but not as bad and usually only last few days - week.

• Posted

I heard that too. With so many symptoms matching op the gallbladder symptoms I was convinced that something was the matter with my gall bladder. I had two thorough scans abroad and all came clear. I was a bit dissapointed. If I had known the problem then I would have found a solution. Now I am convinced that it is all to do with menapause!
  • Posted

Dear jacqueline

Yes I did approaching forty I had pain and discomfort on and off right side, nausea pain right shoulder radiating to back right side , it went on and off for some time had ultrasound, ct scan, mri scan nothing but I knew it was gallbladder felt discomfort just below right rib. I knee it was gallbladder finally when drank some full fat milk which gave great abdominal pain. After myself requesting removal of gallbladder that it was found to be infected! Since removal I have had no problems

• Posted

The underlying pain could be coming from your fibroids or cysts as was the case with me. I swore I had gallstones, had my doctor do a scan, of course, my gallbladder was fine but since she had a complete scan done of my upper and lower abdomen, it showed my fibroids were inflamed. Therfore, this was causing my supposed gallbladder pain. She said the pain isn't localized when you have fibroid or cyst pain, that it can occur in weak areas of the body, and it can also give you back pain and shoulder pain as well. Thus the saga of the perimenopause life continues with ever so mysterious side effects.

• Posted

i read that as well and wonder if thats what im going through - i am just so full of anxiety over this - such scary stuff

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.