Gallbladder

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went to see surgeon for date when op is for my gallbladder removal. But having acid reflux so wants to do further tests., worried now.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It is a question to me I was asking in my own way for advice.
    • Posted

Hi

Did the doc say why he was concerned about acid reflux or did he just say he wanted to do further tests because of the acid reflux? Can I ask what your symptoms were that led to you getting this op? I’m thinking I might have issues with the gall bladder as well, I also get acid reflux.

• Posted

I am in so much pain , the surgeon said before we do op I want to do some tests as I am a bit concerned about acid reflux. I can't eat anything with fat that includes milk yogurt, I have been in hospital 4 times had morphine as pain so bad.

• Posted

I WAS dieting as I was over weight I lost a lot of weight quickly.

Certain foods trigger the pain, my brother is th same .

• Posted

I read an article stating that people that lose weight too quickly can end up with gall stones, I’ve lost weight in the past with fasting for 6 days and eating on the 7th, whatever foods I felt like. I wasn’t aware at that time that this has an effect on the gall bladder. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.