Gallbladder attack?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So yesterday was by far my worst day since last Oct when 'it all started'

After feeling unwell, right sided abdominal pain, nausea, low mood I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst which I've since had removed but also my doctor insisted my symptoms were not the cyst so she kept on testing and scanning.

They've found now that after the hida scan that my gallbladder isn't functioning normal but I have no more info than that.

I don't see the surgeon until Oct so I figured I can't be 'that poorly' but yesterday was really hard and with 2 kids I really need to understand and 'help myself' in the mean time.

I had a day out with my eldest and stupidly forgot about everything and eat a cheese toasty, there's me picking the lower calorie option but forgetting the fat. I went down like a sack of spuds and struggled all day for the sake of my kids and battled through. I just wanted to go to bed, in pain and feeling sick but not actually sick.

In the evening I prepared hubbies tea thinking I can't face this. It was salmon salad and new potatoes but actually I felt hungry but still very sick. I did eat it and felt instantly better.

What happened? Did the fibre help?

Am so in the dark and any advice very appreciated smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My advice is to attend A&E whenever your attacks occur. They may be able to bring forward your appointment and get you your treatment quicker if they can see how bad you are. At the very least, you will be given painkillers and maybe tests. 

It's easy to make a mistake when you're out and about with the children but cheese is a no no! I still don't eat hard cheeses- not even reduced fat ones but I find Phillip extra light on ryvita is ok. Maybe take a snack out with you? Keep it in your bag all the time- just in case there's nothing you feel you can eat on the menu. Even an apple or banana would be good with a few light rich tea biscuits. It's a nuisance but if it stops you eating stuff that makes you ill, it makes sense. 

• Posted

I'm normally much more organised, can't believe I ruined a whole day feeling poorly because of one choice!

Thanks for your reply smile

• Posted

Hi all I have been diagnosed with gallstones but I fear there is more going on but doctor say it's anexity but when i am standing it like I can't breath propley my stomach doesn't really move in an out an i hear my heartbeat in my right ear an it's like it's going to stop I can't seem to take a full breath an i take moephomine my partner says am bloated in my upper abdomin does anyone else have breathing issues due to gallbladder problems

Am so scarred I have no live I don't go out an i have no energy pl3ase someone help me

Xx

• Posted

Lots of people report having difficulty breathing during gallbladder attacks so I think it's fairly common. The feeling of fullness doesn't help. Try not to worry. Worrying doesn't help does it? Just makes you feel worse.

You don't have a life when you are ill and waiting for surgery. The tiredness is reported by practically everyone and doesn't help. You can't make plans because you never know when an attack can happen, but once you have surgery, you can gradually get your life back.  

Stick to a low fat diet as it does help alleviate the symptoms while you are waiting to have surgery. Take painkillers when the pains get bad. Otherwise it's just a matter of waiting until they ask you to come in for surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.